Petrol Brand

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Tingfeng_R
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Petrol Brand

Post by Tingfeng_R »

Which brand of petrol u use for your FTO?

1. BP--Ultimate

2. Shell-- V-Power

3. Caltex

4. United

5. Mobil

Reason?

thanks~
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

BP Ultimate. I get better mileage from it compared to Shell.
LED ALL the things.
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

I tend to lean towards Ultimate. Not sure whether it's just my imagination, but I could swear the FTO doesn't run as smoothly on a tank full of V-Power.
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

ULtimate cos i prefer its green logo? Seriously i have no preference, but my mate with 180SX tries to avoid V-Power as it leaves more black residue at the rear bumper around exhahust.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Ultimate ONLY. I wouldnt touch the other brands again. I definitly noticed a power gain when i switched over
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

Yep, ultimate for me as well. The car sounds better. Btw, isnt ultimate and v power from the same ship ? Someone was saying in an earlier thread that they are the same fuel ?

No, if it is then shell are doing something to it when it gets to the bouser, cause my car runs like dogs balls on it. My car actually ran better on 91 than it did on v power
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

Its been on Ultimate as soon as I got it home. (Damn Caltex's on the way down from Canberra)

Won't use anything else.
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

Im using Caltex Vortex98 at the moment, its definitely better than most and fairly well priced in my area but im doing a little experiment to see how much mileage i can average out per tank and then compare it with Ultimate as I've heard Ultimate is just as good but offers even better mileage so i might be switching to that soon.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Ultimate only, I've had injector build up issues with both Vortex 98 and v power but have never had those problems with ultimate. I reckon I can definately feel a power difference as well.
Shahrez
Mechanic

Post by Shahrez »

I work for Bp, seen and done the research, Bp Ultimate, by far the best fuel.
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

seems like bp ultimate has best mileage from what you guys experienced

what about best for performance?
100ron v-power racing?
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

mobil because its like a 20 second drive from my house and its normally cheaper then the rest in my area... ive never actually considered power increase, i guess thats something for me to look into
borntospeed
Apprentice

Post by borntospeed »

well... i have never used ultimate before, but comparing vpower, vortex 98 and mobil 8000, in terms of smoothness and mileage, mobil is only slightly better than vortex 98, gets me about 10-15 km more... vpower is by far the worst of the 98 fuels... its got the lowest mileage, the engine sounds rougher (or maybe i'm just imagining it???)

i cant think of any reason why i havent used ultimate yet, maybe the next time i fill up, i'll try ultimate...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Ultimate. Was giving me 40-50 more kays per tank... which is good considering the rubbish mileage I get :lol:
borntospeed
Apprentice

Post by borntospeed »

btw, RON100 vpower racing has been discontinued in nsw, i'm not sure about the rest of the states, but before it was discontinued, i did try it. not much difference btw v power and v power racing... honestly i dont see the big deal becuz the RON is an indicator how much it resist knocking, so being an NA car with a compression ratio less than 11:1 (correct me if i'm wrong) there really isnt a point filling with RON100... its never going to reach that stage that knocking starts... unless u start throwing in factors like a turbo (then u have to lower your compression ratio anyways)...

anyways, vpower racing has 5% ethanol, which is bad for your seals... in conclusion, its no noticable difference btw RON100 and RON98...
Last edited by borntospeed on Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

Ultimate for me. Vortex if im too lazy to travel, have a caltex station at the end of the street.
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

JOeJOe wrote:Ultimate for me. Vortex if im too lazy to travel, have a caltex station at the end of the street.
Same as me pretty much as im too lazy to drive too far i'll just fill up at the caltex near the end of my street.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
evoman
Grease Monkey

Post by evoman »

Just wondering, has anyone read this report before?

http://canberracruises.com/Maclean/Midd ... nFuels.pdf

I had it shown to me a little while ago and whilst it by no means tells the whole story(fuel economy etc), it's still an interesting read.
I've only been using BP Ultimate so far as everyone everywhere seems to give it the thumbs up, but I'm tempted to give the car a few tanks of Vortex 98 just to see if I can notice any performance diffence after looking at this.
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

Read that report and makes me glad that I live down the street from the caltex.
Although it claims the ethanol 98 outperformed the non-ethanol 98 based fuels. In no way am I planning to switch over to this ethanol rubbish until further scientific study and research show that ethanol 98 poses no long term damaging effects on the cars engine.

But it does confirm that Ultimate 98 and Vortex98 are the best in terms of quality but says nothing about their mileage. Although I can conlude that Ultimate98 has better mileage from my own experience.

Was an interesting read.
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

xSlurpee wrote:what about best for performance?
100ron v-power racing?
f**k that, AV Gas FTW bitches

(Unleaded of course), it is fantastic, but you need to tune for it for best effect!

If your car can handle it without fuel cut on a standard ecu, can run so much more boost WOOHOO!
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT