possible of being my new rims soon

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

nvr2low
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

possible of being my new rims soon

Post by nvr2low »

hey guys went down to mate trye centre and he has these konig rims down their in 18 for 2300 with tryes. Does this sound like a good price and what do you think of the rim

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.275 ... id.7840/.f

cheers mitch
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

price all depends on what sort of rubber they putting on mate....
rims will be around 1200 for the set so i would be expecting some good tyres with those
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

yeah mate the guy said i think it is around 350 to 400 for the actual mags and i think he said and some jap brand tires cant remember the name. i would have gone 17s and put the brand new tires i just bought on them but they dont make them in 17s only 18s.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

nvr2low wrote:yeah mate the guy said i think it is around 350 to 400 for the actual mags and i think he said and some jap brand tires cant remember the name. i would have gone 17s and put the brand new tires i just bought on them but they dont make them in 17s only 18s.
hmmm i think that may be a little too much for rims..... that only leaves 700 for rubber so theywouldprob be cheaper brand like maxxis or something and considering the beastyour gonna have under the bonnet soon i think some v good tyres are most important instead of rims possibly invest in some goodyer f1's, adrenalines or ku31's to help getthat power down :twisted:
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

yh will do man thanks for the advice but they are sweet looking rims I am in love with them lol.
I think the tryes are like nanki or sumting
Shahrez
Mechanic

Post by Shahrez »

nankangs?
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

Shahrez wrote:nankangs?
Hufff.... Here we go again haha
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

+1 to vipfto's comment mate.

They look like some great wheels but I'd be talking the tyre place into a deal with some good tryes especially with what you are doing. The goodyear, Bridgestones or Kumho's would be great, I think you'll hate the handling if you do with the nankang's so I really wouldn't go that way.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I have nankings on both my cars and i can honestly say they are crap. They arent so bad when they warm up but when they are cold and in the wet the are absolutely crap.

As for the rims not my taste but they definitly are not fugly so if you like them go for it :D
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

yep ok sweet will talk to the guy I got bridgestone firehawks on their now I think that is what they are called they seem to be good
leinad
Grease Monkey

Post by leinad »

Yeah, I have had a few nankangs on rims and find the same.
The tread lasted a very long time though :) Just not as grippy as other brands I have had, Kumo, Yokohama.
I8A4RE wrote:I have nankings on both my cars and i can honestly say they are crap. They arent so bad when they warm up but when they are cold and in the wet the are absolutely crap.

As for the rims not my taste but they definitly are not fugly so if you like them go for it :D