DIY DAY

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

DIY DAY

Post by I8A4RE »

Ok, people date ideas for a DIY day. I have 22nd - 5th Jan off so any time in between those dates are good for me. Obvisouly not xmas day or the 2 days at new yrs. Will be too heavy intoxicated.

If not then maybe some time in Jan, maybe aussie day.

Whats people thoughts?
Last edited by I8A4RE on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

can I add somthing Simon ?

NO ANGEL EYES :lol:
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

not really sure what I'm doing over christmas yet. Hoping to be working so I'm probably out until late Jan.
Jamie
Grease Monkey

Post by Jamie »

I'm keen for a DIY day. Dont have much to do myself but could give others a hand. I have from the 16th to the 4th of Jan off. I was thinking of even a cruise up Mount Mee and maybe a BBQ lunch at Redcliffe. Provide some good photo opportunities aswell. But hey just an idea.
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

I have from the 24th of December to the 2nd of January off.
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

Preferrably a sunday but hey, choose a date and I'll be there. I've only got work to worry about now so worse case is i chuck a sickie... I'll make this one for sure
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

aza013 wrote:can I add somthing Simon ?

NO ANGEL EYES :lol:
damm i was hoping to get mine done lol.
not really sure what I'm doing over christmas yet. Hoping to be working so I'm probably out until late Jan.
Well garth what i am hoping is just having lots of cruise/meets all the time, so then if people cant make one then they can make the next without waiting ages for the next one. So we will see how you go but of course love it if you could make. ;)
I'm keen for a DIY day. Dont have much to do myself but could give others a hand. I have from the 16th to the 4th of Jan off. I was thinking of even a cruise up Mount Mee and maybe a BBQ lunch at Redcliffe. Provide some good photo opportunities aswell. But hey just an idea.
Mate that sounds like an excellent idea. I really dont have much to do either (unless someone knows how to fit a windscreen lol) but am more than happy to help people out. If you guys just want a cruise/bbq, then thats great for me.

The only 2 sundays between the days i have off are Dec 28th or Jan 4th, So its either one of those or another day completely
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

cheers mate. I understand and appreciate that. I will be trying to make it to everything I can though ;)
zaskar98
Apprentice

Post by zaskar98 »

Sorry to have missed the Xmas dinner, will try my best to be at any DIY day/ future meets, usual caveats with shift work etc, also am away last 2 weeks of January.
Simon, sorry to hear of your dramas, you deserve better given the time/effort you put into the club, hope everything works out ok.
Cheers,
Simon
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

has this already happened? :scratch:
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

nah it hasnt. i think the qld chapter of this forum is offically dead
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

Yeah gonna have to agree with that one :( :( :(
knowhopetattoo
Grease Monkey

Post by knowhopetattoo »

I8A4RE did you fit your windscreen yet?
It's been a while since I did one but I'm a panel beater by trade......cough.....15 years ago....cough.......but windscreens are not a big deal.....are fto windscreens stuck in with polyurethane?
I'll have a look at mine in the mourning....regardless if you still need a hand I can probably help you out.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

knowhopetattoo wrote:I8A4RE did you fit your windscreen yet?
It's been a while since I did one but I'm a panel beater by trade......cough.....15 years ago....cough.......but windscreens are not a big deal.....are fto windscreens stuck in with polyurethane?
I'll have a look at mine in the mourning....regardless if you still need a hand I can probably help you out.
nah mate the one i got sent from dstocks broke cause of my stupid freight company. but yeah when i do get another one i would love a hand. its not something i have done before so an expert opinion would definitly go along way
knowhopetattoo
Grease Monkey

Post by knowhopetattoo »

No worries, as I said it's been a while but there not hard to do, give me a shout when you get hold of one.
I see a half cut wrecking in brisbane on the trading post.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

sweet cheers man
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Ok after some chatting at last nights cruise we have decided that the DIY day is back on. How does the 15th Feb sound to everyone?

We will also need a place that is flat and can accomidate many vehicals. Sam what about your new place? Or anybody else?

I can bring lots of tools.
Jamie
Grease Monkey

Post by Jamie »

My place is always an option. Got a double lock up garage and an almost flat driveway.
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

I'll check with work when I'm working, but either way I'll use annual leave or just be sick on that day. Count me in on this one for sure guys
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yano28 wrote:I'll check with work when I'm working, but either way I'll use annual leave or just be sick on that day. Count me in on this one for sure guys
I thought you dont work sundays any more :?

Ok Jamie sounds good man. We will make it your place. Probably want to start resonably early but it all depends on what people want to get accomplished, i suppose.

Ill start a list of who's coming and then everyone can add to their name what they want done.

1. SImon - Angel Eyes :lol: power steering boot
2. John - power steering boot :lol:
3. Jamie - HID's :P