Hi - Starting my Fto gpx turbo,

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

wolfgray-asuka
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Hi - Starting my Fto gpx turbo,

Post by wolfgray-asuka »

Like it says, but i need help

first is about the FMIC , how have ppl piped it and types used?
im only going to run low psi, can the mivec been keep?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Ok, first off mate WTTC.

You should do yourself a favour and read the following turbo threads: redlines, dannyboy and jeffs, ftosams and check out the turbo pic thread.

That will give you a really good back ground in what it involves.

Mate, i believe the mivec can be kept as I have seen more turbo'ed mivecs than i have gr's. However you need to take into consideration the condition of the engine (how many kms, how often it has been serviced etc etc). Also you need to think about who is going to tune it, a mivec will be a lot harder to tune than a gr and just because someone says they can tune it, doesnt mean they can. You will need to do your research in this area as i believe it is the most important part of the whole job.

As for FMIC piping there have been a few different ways to do this. Most have removed the A/C and have brought a pipe down on each side. However, i did not want to remove the A/C so i brought a FMIC without outlets on the same side. I have used Stainless on all my piping but alloy can also be good. If your going for a low PSI setup you could get away with running mild steel
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
wolfgray-asuka

Post by wolfgray-asuka »

ya same the a/c has to stay,lol
thats the kind of things i need help to find out really, iv saw lots but jst hopign for less done jobs more bits on the floor lol
ty