Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

cassio
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

New Apexi N1 Exhaust

Post by cassio »

Hay guys,

Just thought id'e post some photos of my new Apexi N1 Evolution Exhaust - i am a bit disappointed at the sound, i thought it was going to be a lot louder but it is actually quieter than my stock exhaust (had a little hole) and just wondering if anyone knows why like could it have a built in silencer or something like that or would that just be that way the exhaust is designed - i can feel it adds a bit more power which is always good but i wanted a bit of growl :twisted:

J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

ive got the same one aswell as countless other people on here. Is urs a manual or tip?
My car is a tipy and yes it is quiet soft on low revs when u hit the 3-400 mark it screams, especially in 3rd gear even at low. Loud to the point where ive been given warnings and a defect, but it was cleared. Oh popos... leave me alone :x
Eltnot
Mechanic

Post by Eltnot »

The bottom of the exhaust looks kinda low. I'd be a bit worried of going over something and having it ripped off, with the way it is now (or at least the way it looks from the photos).
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

It doesnt look like one side has a bracket holding the pipe up :? . It looks pretty sweet, but it could be that the inlet is small which is contributing to low tone ?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
cassio
Apprentice

Post by cassio »

Yeh its a manual and i dont get none of that, when im doin 60 in 4th it makes a bit of a rumble and thats about it, ive had it up to 7000 rpm in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and all you can hear is the engine???

Thanks Guys

and just wondering if a set of extractors would help at all?
cassio
Apprentice

Post by cassio »

harry90 wrote:It doesnt look like one side has a bracket holding the pipe up :? . It looks pretty sweet, but it could be that the inlet is small which is contributing to low tone ?
Yeh must just be the photos cus its all held up nice and tight haha
ICEFTO
Apprentice

Post by ICEFTO »

yep thats the prob with performance exuast on fto i had a hks D 1 exuast on mine and i sold it cos it was good but provided no deep growl just whines n tame noise so i switched it for a 2 and a half cannon and later added extractors and kansia speed group cat converter and OMG sounds so much beta wouldent go back to my old exaust.
:idea:
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

cassio i have the same. You wont notice much until about a month afterwards. The biggest difference in sound is when you change your fluids. For some reason after i got my major service done it sounded like a supra at low revs, and when you drive enthusiastically, it will shriek like an F1. ALthough I do have metalcat and extractors.

Another thing to note is that the evolution sounds different to previous N1 being that it is full stainless.

You will notice chnages in pitch a month or so afterwards. But like I mentioned beofre, after a fluids change the real sound will come out. You definately will not be dissapointed then.

Removing the resonator will make it louder, as well as making it drone intolerably between 3-4.5 km (highway speeds). Besides why cut up a perfectly good (and expensive) pipe.

ANyway hope that helps.

Moral is: patience ;)
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

bushido wrote:cassio i have the same. You wont notice much until about a month afterwards. The biggest difference in sound is when you change your fluids. For some reason after i got my major service done it sounded like a supra at low revs, and when you drive enthusiastically, it will shriek like an F1. ALthough I do have metalcat and extractors.

Another thing to note is that the evolution sounds different to previous N1 being that it is full stainless.

You will notice chnages in pitch a month or so afterwards. But like I mentioned beofre, after a fluids change the real sound will come out. You definately will not be dissapointed then.

Removing the resonator will make it louder, as well as making it drone intolerably between 3-4.5 km (highway speeds). Besides why cut up a perfectly good (and expensive) pipe.

ANyway hope that helps.

Moral is: patience ;)
Expensive is right man. Ive seen n1 evolutions going for $1200... Mine came with the car so im cheering 8)