Standard 2din cd,radio,tape unit question

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

jwa
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Standard 2din cd,radio,tape unit question

Post by jwa »

Hi, i am new to here, first say hello to everyone.

Just bough a FTO and it has a 2din unit which can play cd,radio,tape and cd stack.

My question is does the unit has RCA plug for amp to run (speaker and sub) in the back,
because i see a base control button on the unit (just thinking if it has base maybe has the RCA plug as well)

thank you for answer this
Shahrez
Mechanic

Post by Shahrez »

hey mate, welcome to the club. Nah that bass setting is not for external subwoofer or anything. Its for its own player. Just chuck it out and get a mp3 deck or whatver put in man. Its your best bet and probably will be one of your best buys! I dont think i know anyone with stock headunit to be honest! best of luck mate!
jwa
Apprentice

Post by jwa »

Shahrez wrote:hey mate, welcome to the club. Nah that bass setting is not for external subwoofer or anything. Its for its own player. Just chuck it out and get a mp3 deck or whatver put in man. Its your best bet and probably will be one of your best buys! I dont think i know anyone with stock headunit to be honest! best of luck mate!
Thank you for your advice mate.
because of the cd stack i want to keep ........do you know if i can link the cd stack into aftermaker deck.
Also if i put a new deck on (single din), what can i use to fit up the empty space in the cd player location, coz is 2 din at the moment.
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

Shahrez wrote:hey mate, welcome to the club. Nah that bass setting is not for external subwoofer or anything. Its for its own player. Just chuck it out and get a mp3 deck or whatver put in man. Its your best bet and probably will be one of your best buys! I dont think i know anyone with stock headunit to be honest! best of luck mate!
+1 a mp3 player the aux in or ipod support will be your best buy ever. You wont need a cd stacker anymore.

You can get a single din replacement from 'dstocks' or from any old autobarn ;)
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

+2 get rid of it mate
with my DVD/mp3 i can store 4.7gig of mp3's on a disc plus 4gig in both SD card and USB slots thats 12.7gig of music sitting there without having to change any discs etc
(and doesn't even include using the AUX for IPOD either 8O )
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
jwa
Apprentice

Post by jwa »

Thank you very much for all advices..