nightshading tails, side inicators and front foggies

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

J
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

nightshading tails, side inicators and front foggies

Post by J »

as described above ive gone down to autobarn and gotten a bottle of nightsahde ($16) and before i go and attack my fto's ass with it, does anyone have pics of their nightshaded tail lights at night? With their lights on?

This might help anyone else who is considering to do the same mod. Can you buy brighter globes for all your lights?

Im trying to get my car as stealth as possible :D
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Mate at night they arent a problem its at daylight you should be worried about. Ask borepyang he followed me from goldie to coffs harbour (about 5hr drive) and said he couldnt see me braking once :lol:

You can get led bulbs which are apparently bright but you need something to go with them to stop them flashing fast (ie for the indicators).

check out my gallery im not sure if i have one taken with the lights on night though
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

you have to buy a different type of relay to stop them clinking so fast. I painted my foggies silver and got rid of the orange plastic and people always give me the finger during the day because they cnt see me indicate from the front.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

On my Sonata, I did 2-3 coats... Had no probs seeing them during the day, and never got harassed by the police....

This was what it looked like though, and depending on the angle, the darker they looked...

J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

sweet thanx for the info and pics :D
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

Jay I would recommend doing all the tinting from the inside. It looks heaps better and is less defectable.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

When you tint on the inside though, it takes more light out ... So is harder to see during the day and night ... So if you did the same amount of coats, the reduction in light is quite significant.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Arrgghhhh I hate the term "police" :x :x
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

+1

I'll update the w0rd filter!
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

8)

police

Edit: ok not working yet =p
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

police police police popop

nah stiil not yet
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Gah! :x *embolisms*

Ok, thats got it now :D
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

if you don't go crazy like what simon did, it shouldn't be much of a problem, maybe just do 1 or 2 coats. or you can do what sam did ages ago use a template and leave holes for the lights in the tinting
I8A4RE wrote:Mate at night they arent a problem its at daylight you should be worried about. Ask borepyang he followed me from goldie to coffs harbour (about 5hr drive) and said he couldnt see me braking once :lol:

You can get led bulbs which are apparently bright but you need something to go with them to stop them flashing fast (ie for the indicators).

check out my gallery im not sure if i have one taken with the lights on night though
not seeing you brake is not the problem, the problem is that no one can see you indicating, so i had to cut quite a few ppl off trying to follow you since i had no warning (and i had no idea where to go) lol
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

hey i did mine today... and i did quite a few coats... they dried so easily because it was hot and i went over and over... they are like simons now and they are just a tad too dark... indicators are bright but normal lights a the back are a bit dull so... im putting in led's for the brakes and indicators ($30 for 2 bulbs) and getting the relays aswell... but it looks so fkn sick... pics will come soon
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

BorepYano wrote:if you don't go crazy like what simon did, it shouldn't be much of a problem, maybe just do 1 or 2 coats. or you can do what sam did ages ago use a template and leave holes for the lights in the tinting
I8A4RE wrote:Mate at night they arent a problem its at daylight you should be worried about. Ask borepyang he followed me from goldie to coffs harbour (about 5hr drive) and said he couldnt see me braking once :lol:

not seeing you brake is not the problem, the problem is that no one can see you indicating, so i had to cut quite a few ppl off trying to follow you since i had no warning (and i had no idea where to go) lol
sucks to be you then :lol:
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

updated my gallery with the nightshaded tails
http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... emId=18358

My exaust needs a good push back inside behind the back bar which will be done soon
eddiii
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eddiii »

Looks HOt, now just need the fog lights to be tinted too ^^
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

How much day driving do you do :?:

Looks good, but P plates, Stereo, Sports Car, heavily tinted lights with no reflector, is going to be a cops dream ...
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

rock_it wrote:How much day driving do you do :?:

Looks good, but P plates, Stereo, Sports Car, heavily tinted lights with no reflector, is going to be a cops dream ...
Subs have been removed, so loud music isnt going to be a problem.... But good call on the reflectors... Ill buy one and put it where my p plates are.

Lol i drive heeps during the day.... I pass by 3 cop stations on the way to work aswell 8O
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Hopefully they will not give you any trouble ...

I was lucky with the Sonata, but it was not too dark ... But the car did have an un-engineered Evo III engine in it, and that never got questioned... :lol: