Installing Gauges in to fto

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mitsufto
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Installing Gauges in to fto

Post by mitsufto »

Hey guys,

Just wondering if i could get some help. I bought a air/fuel ratio gauge and a temp gauge and wondering were about the wires are for the air/fuel ratio gauge is and best place to tap the temp gauge into.

Thanks for any help. just not sure were i connect the wires to.

scotty
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

A/F signal wire needs to be tapped into pin 76 of the ECU - see pic below (or spliced into the wire thats already in there.) Its the O2 sensor. Keep in mind the FTO only has a narrow band sensor, so the readings you will get will be erratic & not accurate. In order to get an accurate reading, you'd need to install a wideband lamba sensor.

The Temp gauge will need to come off the sender unit on the front of the engine. Its a single wire blade connector, located just down around the radiator cap / thermo stat assembly. There is a engine temp wire in the ECU, buts its not the correct one. You need to go off the sender in the engine bay.

mitsufto
Apprentice

Post by mitsufto »

thanks for you help. Greaty appreciated.

scotty
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

also if you fit a wideband o2 sensor you need to have a wideband gauge

Just curious though, why did you want to fit a a/f ratio meter in a n/a car?

ps ben can you change the w.ord filter its really startin to annoy me changing the ".n" to and
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

were can u buy a wide band o2 sensor as i have got a air fuel ratio gauge for when i change the motor. also how can u tell what the gauge needs.
um just to let u know it has one grey wire for the o2 sensor so it says in the wiring diagram.
it is a drift ignite black face series if that helps
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

i would put money on it being a narrow band. Which IMO, are waste of time (and money). A wideband gauge and o2 sensor are around the $500+ mark.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

f**k that ok man mine was 120 lol so my o2 sensor will work with it correct
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yep it sure will but it will be totally inaccurate and only for show.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

that is all i want it for haha gotta make it all look good lol
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

as long as your aware then thats all that matters ;)
mitsufto
Apprentice

Post by mitsufto »

I8A4RE wrote:also if you fit a wideband o2 sensor you need to have a wideband gauge

Just curious though, why did you want to fit a a/f ratio meter in a and/a car?

ps ben can you change the w.ord filter its really startin to annoy me changing the ".and" to and
Hey,

scored the a/f ratio gauge really cheap so i picked it up. Thanks for your help with the pin diagram. Just gotta hook up the temp gauge now. Just gotta locate the wire when i get free time.

cheers,

scotty
mitsufto
Apprentice

Post by mitsufto »

Hey,

Just a quick one. Having alittle problem with the connection to the sensors on the ecu. I followed the diagram above, and connected the a/f ratio to the oxygen sensor but there was no feed back to the gauge.

Also is there any chance of using the temp coolant sensor on the ecu as the sensor for the temprature gauge?

thanks for any help,

scotty