HKS Kansai

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

xj265
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

HKS Kansai

Post by xj265 »

I am thinking of getting the HKS Kansai front bar but i was thinking of modifying it
would anybody be able to give me a rough estimate of how much it will cost?
What i would like to do is fill in those holes at the bottom of the front bar on both sides like this:

Is it possible?
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

its definately possible.

I have no clue on costs but maybe someone with a blended dc front bar can give you a price for labour and painting.
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

I looked for the Kansai a while back and couldn't get one, even from Dstocks. Hope you have better luck.
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

i know chriss was selling his hks front bar a few weeks ago. No update of wether its sold or not but you need one thats where to start looking

Btw ive just noticed you've got vs skirts on your car. That might be a problem as the hks front bar is about the same hieght as the stock prefacelift front bar
Criss
Mechanic

Post by Criss »

mate, it still here, but i just hv no money to buy a new bumper and fit it on my car and paint it, so sale is on hold atm
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

It's not the same as getting a DC bar blended, because you just get the lip and blend it in - this is going to be a job from scratch.

Best bet is to get a reputable bodyshop to give you an idea of if they're willing to do it and for how much.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

couldnt you just seal it and sand it down as its a small hole that he wants to cover? Or get two pieces of the material and then blend that into the actual bar?

Im not 100% sure on how it will be done but it doesnt look like a hard job
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Ah - I misread the initial question.

Yea it shouldn't be too hard, once again best off getting quote from body shop. Good luck finding the bar though :?

Even if you were able to order a genuine one from japan it'd end up costing like 900
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.