Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mitsufto
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Black rims on black car?

Post by mitsufto »

Hey guys,

Just wondering what you thought about black wheels on a black car. I have a set of 18" rimz on my car and they are silver but are quite a boring looking 5 spoke mag, was thinking of powder coating them black.

Just wondering if anyone has some pictures of black wheels on black ftos.

thanks for any help. I have a track day coming up so i am thinking of getting it donw for it. Hopefully look more tuff.

Will post pics of the car just need to get them off the camera.

cheers,

scotty
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

imo I think the black on black will be good but it would need a polihed lip on the rim.
I have the white on white the black of the tyres split it up alittle so it dosn't blend in together.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah im not a fan at all, of black on black, as aza says its just too much with the black tires. but thats just MO
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

dont go for it.... I want my car to be the all black car LOL i dubb thee the stealth mobile/batmobile (im bor.ed LOL)

Naa selfish-ness aside black on black looks awesome (IMO) definately a winner

Look at my sig, just without the wheel redgrooves which in time and when i grow bored of them will paint that groove anyway, for an idea of black on black :D
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

jay6 wrote:dont go for it.... I want my car to be the all black car LOL i dubb thee the stealth mobile/batmobile (im bor.ed LOL)
maybe you should get rid of those red plates then ;)
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

I8A4RE wrote:
jay6 wrote:dont go for it.... I want my car to be the all black car LOL i dubb thee the stealth mobile/batmobile (im bor.ed LOL)
the red plates go well with the red lip on the rims ties it all in together.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

aza013 wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:
the red plates go well with the red lip on the rims ties it all in together.
maybe but hardly stealth :lol:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

very true :D
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

im actually getting new plates in a fortnight... I made the mistake of renuing the plates that came with the car. "ZR35AV" doesnt mean sh*t to me so im getting black plates with "ST31TH" on it... Dont know wether to get black with white or black with gold like DB's.

All it will probly need to get it to the all black beauty that i want it to be is tinted side indicators and a mean window tint job
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

colour in your exhaust too :)
i think black on black looks good. its a base shade (like white) i think it starts looking funny when people match coloured cars with coloured rims (pink with pink or blue with blue)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

jay6 wrote:im actually getting new plates in a fortnight... I made the mistake of renuing the plates that came with the car. "ZR35AV" doesnt mean sh*t to me so im getting black plates with "ST31TH" on it... Dont know wether to get black with white or black with gold like DB's.

All it will probly need to get it to the all black beauty that i want it to be is tinted side indicators and a mean window tint job
Sweet how much did the plates cost?

Personally i would go black backgroun with white numbers and then get some clear side repeaters... now that would look good ;)
KJ_bob
Mechanic

Post by KJ_bob »

When i fix the car and funds permit, im looking at doing black on black. I think it can easily look sh*t, but if its done right it can look madness

im with mitsufto, if anyones got pics of black on black that would be great ;)
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

i cant begin to talk about how much i hate black rims on black cars lol, but remember not to worry too much about other peoples opinions, what ever makes you happy is the only thing that counts ...

i do however in some cases like black shadow chrome rims on coloured cars
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

tippin9 wrote:do however in some cases like black shadow chrome rims on coloured cars
Shadow chromes arent too bad depending on style. Ive seen some shockers going around, but a nice race styled rim . Eg the ozzy racing - mesh wheel doesnt look good in S.C.

Simon - plates cost 30bux for a remake... And since ive paid 130 for my old plates and rego doesnt come in till april i dont have to pay it.

[mitsuftto - i saw 2 all black fto's on www.ftooc.org a while back. Have a look down the pages of the pics and video threads[/quote]
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

I'm not a big fan of black on black either.

White on white looks alright cos the tyres are black, but black rims + tyres is too much black like previously mentioned.

I have grey rims with a silver outline like in the pic below:

I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Black on Black = SEX :safe: :root:
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

gunmetal on black

also if anyone wants to buy my car u can have it for 10g ono

rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

SG wrote:gunmetal on black

also if anyone wants to buy my car you can have it for 10g ono

That is how a black FTO should look ... 8)
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

google images will be your best friend here. Some look really sh*t but some look mean as.

Hey subbie - loving that rear bar... If you get it blended and have dc skirts you can get the widebody kit from project f.... God that kit is to die for *drools*

But note on that black wheels it depends on your taste... Its not too much a show themed style of wheel. Although gpat's look great on his car
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

jay - thanks, yea I do have DC sideskirts (full kit)
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.