Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mr-charisma
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by mr-charisma »

rock_it wrote:
SILVERFISH wrote:
aza013 wrote:its gets to 50 -60 degrees in my work truck as the A/C has stoped working :evil:
have you tried opening the window? :lol:
Aza's work truck ...

BAAHAHAHA!
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

i dont believe in gloabl warming, yes i undertstand the ice is melting but they said this is the first time on over 100 years that the heatwave happened... therefore... it has happened in the past and so i believe its just a trend the earth goes through.

*please dont bash me*

oh n dont get me wrong but i dont use water in excess n all the rest of the stuff they tell us not to do but yeh... i dont think its on a global level.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Cassf88 wrote:i dont believe in gloabl warming, yes i undertstand the ice is melting but they said this is the first time on over 100 years that the heatwave happened... therefore... it has happened in the past and so i believe its just a trend the earth goes through.

*please dont bash me*

oh and dont get me wrong but i dont use water in excess and all the rest of the stuff they tell us not to do but yeh... i dont think its on a global level.
You hit the nail right on the head there ...
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

*looks pleased at herself*

i'm smart :lol:
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Cassf88 wrote:i dont believe in gloabl warming, yes i undertstand the ice is melting but they said this is the first time on over 100 years that the heatwave happened... therefore... it has happened in the past and so i believe its just a trend the earth goes through.

*please dont bash me*

oh and dont get me wrong but i dont use water in excess and all the rest of the stuff they tell us not to do but yeh... i dont think its on a global level.
mate .. you need to get your head outta yeah ... err.. sand

What scientific evidence are you even basing those theories on?? ... hmm .. nevermind...

Global warming is a reality .. the scientists aren't just making that sh*t up.. and it's not just a small handful of them .. there's consensus within the entire scientific community that Global warming is happening - & it doesn't happen all that often that the scientists agree ..

Even if the earth does go through a natural cycle of heating / cooling .. the change is happening much too suddenly & drastically to be natural.. even *if* there is a natural cycle ..we're just accelerating the problem & doing nothing to even slow it down let alone reverse it.

I'm no tree hugging, green thumbed, rainbows shooting out of my ass hippy myself, but I can't argue with the facts & much as I'd *love* to get into a long winded "conversation" about this on the *internet* .. I'm just going to say .. good on you for having an opinion on the subject .. really .. but honestly .. be able to back it up with solid facts.

I'm sure you've probably heard of Google .. you won't need to look too far for some facts (on both sides)
SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

clowns :lol:

Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

people like picking fights with me.. what can i say...

i dont want to back what i say up with facts.. because facts can be twisted and winded to suit any arguement. i have my beleif im not tryin to impose it on anyone, just making a comment that is how i feel about such.

im sorry u dont agree but please dont belittle me.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

SILVERFISH wrote:clowns :lol:

Lol!! :P
tenji
Mechanic

Post by tenji »

Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

:lol:

sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Cassf88 wrote:people like picking fights with me.. what can i say...

i dont want to back what i say up with facts.. because facts can be twisted and winded to suit any arguement. i have my beleif im not tryin to impose it on anyone, just making a comment that is how i feel about such.

im sorry you dont agree but please dont belittle me.
Lol? He's not picking a fight with you, you said something, he stated his opinion, it wasn't an arguement, don't take it so personally ;)

The reason he might not have liked what you posted is because it's such a serious issue, I read about it all the time and honestly I can't believe people are so oblivious of the details of just how bad it's going to get it people don't understand the seriousness / reality of it. I'd dare anybody to go read up on it properly and get the facts and not worry about what's going to happen.

Global warming is very, very real. It's not like the tooth fairy where you can choose not to "believe" in it.

Think of all the sh*t we're letting off into the environment now. Take a walk through the city in peak hour traffic and then go for a walk out in the countryside somewhere with a lot of trees and farms, and tell me you can't feel the difference.

And anyway - BAD NEWS FOR SYDNEY, melbourne heatwave is travelling up here.. 42 degrees on Sat + Sunday :evil:
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
tenji
Mechanic

Post by tenji »

ppl who are very concerned stop driving :P
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

tenji wrote:ppl who are very concerned stop driving :P
+1
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

mr-charisma wrote:
mate .. you need to get your head outta yeah ... err.. sand

What scientific evidence are you even basing those theories on?? ... hmm .. nevermind...
sounds like he's telling me off for not reading up on it before commenting. i understand its an opinion.

i think its used as an excuse for many things n thats probably why i dislike when its constantly brought up.

i understand there is proof out there but im so sick of everything is because of global warming, theres other factors. solar flares n the earth rotation on its axis, as well as that 'technically' the world is dropping in the universe n that the suns gravitational pull is not as strong blah blah.

i dont take it personally but when someone tries to make me feel stupid for commenting it makes me not want to contribute.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

I can see where you're coming from, it did seem a tad harsh but don't worry about it!

People have different opinions and ways of expressing themselves. It's ok, speak your mind :)

The good comes with the bad - You have an fto, now you have to put up with all us jerks on these forums :lol: :P
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Cass, i totally understand what you saying and MR C, that was bloody harsh. Just cause she doesnt fit into how you see the world doesnt mean you should tell her to pull her head on something that is so questionable.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

love you guys!

n MR C, i respect your opinion.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

There are just as many articles and scientists to argue both sides of the story ...

So, it is going to have to be we will see who is right when/if things get as bad as predicted....
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

It's not like the tooth fairy where you can choose not to "believe" in it.
Couldn't have said it better myself.. nice Sig Image BTW :)

Cass,

I wasn't trying to pick fights, I can be pretty blunt sometimes, especially when I'm tired.. but I stand by what I said ..

I totally agree with what you said about it being the cause of anything that seems to go wrong.. for example, Hurricane Katrina .. hurricanes in that part of the world are nothing new .. & IMO just a matter of time before the right circumstances presented themselves for that level of disaster.

You have every right to your opinion & I respect that right .. it just frustrates me when people come up with an opinion for seemingly no reason whatsoever ..

Simon.. I don't really see what was so harsh about it .. "get you head out of the sand?" really? .. seems even Cass has a bigger pair than you if that offends you ;) :P lol

besides .. i was half joking with most of the 'harsh' comments anyways .. I would've at least thought you'd have learned not to take anything I say so seriously by now. :P
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

tenji wrote:ppl who are very concerned stop driving :P
nah, I'll still be driving my FTO when it all goes to hell .. MAD MAX style :P