hey (: new fto member.

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

JD-3193
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by JD-3193 »

i've got a sony xplod sub and headunit and they're actually quite good. you get what you pay for. the more expensive stuff that sony make is alright :)
i paid close to $800 for both..

pioneer have always made good stuff. and MTX are very underrated so don't overlook them
[url=http://southeastimports.proboards.com/index.cgi][img]http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/44/l_120421ca52b74e9484c84e091ff04c71.jpg[/img][/url]
Melbourne street car scene ^^ represent the FTOs !!
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

where are they from? we dont sell them here...

Oh, and this sub was the top of the range sony. well, almost. the last model. we're waiting for the new one to arrive...

I'm looking at getting two 10", built into custom built enclosures in the rear corners of my boot. dont noe what to go for though, and how much the enclosures will cost.
ftofionaaa
Grease Monkey

Post by ftofionaaa »

Thank-you guys :D

Yes i head pioneer was good but i wasn't too sure i wanted some more opinions because the people at jb where kind of getting me to try and buy the cheap ones i forgot the brand name ill go back tomorrow and have a look but no i was like no way ill do my research a bit :)

Robbie i brought one of the new detachable dvd lcd screen things :) so im excited to put that in the car but im waiting till when i get it back, and thankyou for the welcome lol :)

Yeah my amp is xplod, if i get like those pioneer speakers and everything your saying do i get a new amp as-well?

Thankyou :)
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

true true...

i 've got a job interveiw tomorrow... while im working! try and pull that one off! :lol:

but i will soldier on in the forums...
JD-3193
Grease Monkey

Post by JD-3193 »

I got my full system from my mate who works at strathfield car audio.
he actually recommended my sub (12" slimline xplod one) over the pioneer slimline sub, and he knows his stuff.
but i do agree with you, i've heard a lot of rubbish sound come from sony products so mehh :?

on that note, i believe its bed time.
gotta get up at 6 to wash my car before work

ciao :)
[url=http://southeastimports.proboards.com/index.cgi][img]http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/44/l_120421ca52b74e9484c84e091ff04c71.jpg[/img][/url]
Melbourne street car scene ^^ represent the FTOs !!
ftofionaaa
Grease Monkey

Post by ftofionaaa »

What shops have the best for car audio do you reckon? and prices? :?
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

no, you can use the amp you've got. just ask the guys in car sound at jb if it can support the speakers you're interested in.

just let them know you're serious about your setup, but you want them to give you a good price. negotiate with them. "if i get this, this, and this, what price can you do?" "can you go a bit cheaper?" "i think i'll go to autobahn if thats the best price you can do..." just pressure them to drop the price. if only you lived in SA... it'd be so much easier. i'd price it all for you!
ftofionaaa
Grease Monkey

Post by ftofionaaa »

Okay cool, well i work at a shopping centre and at jb hifi the guys are pretty good with prices the new dvd player was $1000 i got it for $699 so i think that was okay i hope i got that for a good price lol
Im usually pretty cluey and i try to get them to drop prices as much as i can ill go in tomorrow and see what they can do for me.
How much do you think they are worth?

Thankyou for the help :)
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

well you know the answer im gunna give you. JB. car audio isnt something we take lightly, like supercheap auto... :lol:

most of the car sound staff in SA are car nuts themselves, and are constantly upgrading their own systems. and every store (in SA at least) has an installer that can put it all in professional for a price, that is pretty cheap. average install is around $200, whereas across the road at autobahn, it goes for $400 average...
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

what brand was it? and there is SOOOO much mark up in car sound... :lol: if you buy anything there at ticket price, you've paid more than you needed too. but mostly they will drop the price when you get something else with it, like an install, or accessories...
ftofionaaa
Grease Monkey

Post by ftofionaaa »

OMG lol they said to install just my dvd player is going to cost $100 i think that was right , so if i was going to do my speakers it will cost a lot more to install ? Have more saving too do LOL the re-spray on my car has really stuffed me up for the plans i was ready to do on my car. GRRR but anyways nothing you can do :)
Ill just have to lay-by a bit for now lol
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

WOhhh!!!

its not always that price. that was for a full system...
deck, 4 speakers, amp, etc...

(cos i work there i got it done for $85) ;)

and what stuff were you looking at getting next?
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

6th page guys! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ftofionaaa
Grease Monkey

Post by ftofionaaa »

Ticket price was $999 and i dropped it down to $699.
Brand is JVC , touch screen, detachable and the screen is very clear ill try find a photo. Do you think i got it for a good price? lol
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

yep. thats the one i wanted, but that one unit was my whole budget for my system... :cry:

jvc 7100something or other? no need for a photo. :)

good price btw. close to staff price, if not under...
ftofionaaa
Grease Monkey

Post by ftofionaaa »

so many pages, woops lol

Just now i was thinking like i have a really good alarm system in my car just i wanted one that was sensitive but everyones telling me no because if the wind blows or something loud the car alarm will always be going off?

Then im looking into now a little camera to put in the car dont know still thinking about that.

Need good Speakers lol

Have my dvd screen now

and i was just looking into body kits nothing over the top i seen some nice ones but i dont have a clue what the names are for them lol
ftofionaaa
Grease Monkey

Post by ftofionaaa »

YESSS that one lol did i really get it at a good price :D well im happy now the guys are pretty good there im happy now lol
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

thats what im going for next too. an alarm.

2 reasons.

1, i woke up to find a piece of wire in my keyhole. problem was, it was in my front yard, and the super high fence was closed and locked.
2, my girlfriends car window was smashed and her gps nicked.

so i want one with noise detection, and shock detection, so if anyone smashes a window, or hits the car, the alarm will go off.

i dont care if annoys the hell out of passing people, i want my car nice and safe... :lol:
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

and you can adjust the sensitivity of the alarm...

and you did get it at a good price. :D
ftofionaaa
Grease Monkey

Post by ftofionaaa »

omg are you serious im sorry to hear that, people are seriously stuffed in the head.

i wanted one more shock detection and noise because my shopping centre is new where i work, no undercover parking, all outside and around, no safe spots and ones i tort where safe i was wrong and be dont have cameras at the parking :x

so thats why im also looking into getting a camera.

im scared so much about my car if it got keyed again ill go nuts.

How much would an alarm like that cost? you can get them at jb hi-fi i think i have to have a proper look lol