Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

dSin
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Statewide charity cruise

Post by dSin »

hi there guys,

i'm sure everyone knows about the bushfire situation that currently haunts Victoria. PA (PreludeAustralia) have decided to gather up car clubs from across Australia to participate in this cruise. Donations will be made towards the people who have been destroyed by these bushfires.

Though i can't drive yet, FTO Australia was my first Australian forum i joined, and the cars and people here are great. I would love to see a contribution by FTO Australia if it is possible.

If we have enough interest here, i'll be happy to give PA the thumbs up. so far, crxaustralia, ozhonda and 300zx have been notified too

edit: http://www.preludeaustralia.com/forum/s ... hp?t=41794 <- more info here
SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

can you copy and paste the details, i can't access the thread without signing up...
and i'm not registering to a HONDA site no matter how good the cause.

if they sound legit, i'll be happy to co-ordinate any FTO Aus crew that are interested.
(will recommend it to the Mitsubishi Club Australia vic coordinators too)

man, i hope they came up with something respectful of the situation :?
[url=http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13989][img]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8793/ftoclick6gx5.png[/img][/url]
dSin
Apprentice

Post by dSin »

PeachExperiment wrote:As the day has gone on, there has been more confirmation that Marysville has been hit extremely hard by this bushfire. Dozens of homes have been lost, potentially some lives (yet to be confirmed) and the town centre has been largely destroyed, with the police station, a number of shops (including the famous bakery that served as our lunch stop on our yearly Marysville Cruise) and hotel resorts including the Cumberland Resort, all reportedly have been destroyed.

This is a devastating time for the township of Marysville, as it is for the residents of Kingslake and surrounds, and further south east in Bunyip, Neerim South, Noojee and the surrounds there.

It goes without saying that all of our hearts and thoughts go out to those people who have been personally affected by this tradgedy, by means of loss of family and friends, property and personal belongings. While the loss of a loved one is devastating to say the least, the loss of the place that one calls home is just as upsetting. The people in these towns have some tough times ahead, but we all hope that they can rebuild their lives with as minimal inconvenience and heartache as possible under the circumstances.

Co-incidentally, I was set to announce today that our Prelude Australia Marysville Cruise for 2009 would be scheduled for Saturday March 14th. However Im sure you will all understand that with the region suffering such a distressing time as a result of this disaster, it is vital that this cruise be postponed until a later date.
PeachExperiment wrote:Probably the best way we can help as a group, is by organizing a cruise and aiming to collect donations off people who attend. With this in mind, we could ask some of our fellow car clubs for their support and participation. If we are to pull something like this off, it will need to be a team effort, and we will be very appreciative if anybody has contacts in other clubs in which they may be able to spread the word and help turn this into something big, which will benefit the unfortunate people whose lives have been turned upside down.
PeachExperiment wrote:Ok a couple of developments in the last few minutes. Firstly we have recieved support from OzHonda to promote any such event with them. If people here have contacts with CRXAustralia, and perhaps 1 or 2 other car clubs...........let me know, and I will discuss with you the idea of approaching their moderators for support with this.

Secondly, at this stage I have selected March 8th (a Sunday) as a tentative date for it. This is because I would like to see TannyBoy and Mylude both at the cruise seeing as their idea was the catalyst for this idea starting up.

Thirdly.....Watties, what can I say. Its absolutly wonderful you have decided to rally the SA crew in to lend some support too. That really is awesome. I would like to work closely with you in pulling this off. I will PM you at some point. Thank you very much for getting involved. It really means a lot.
hope there is enough info here
SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

Sounds good so far... count FTO Australia in.
I'll have a yarn with the coordinators at MCA too once i've got some more solid details.

I'll PM you my contact details, can you please forward them
to the co-ordinator at P.A. and i'll help them out wherever possible.

I work for a printing company too so if they need any printed material, i should be able to get it done for free
provided they've got the artwork ready in time.
(hard to get it through as a freebie if it's a last minute rush)

cheers,
Gav
[url=http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13989][img]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8793/ftoclick6gx5.png[/img][/url]
yannino
Grease Monkey

Post by yannino »

ill gladly be there
just needa no if its after 5pm coz i work till 5 on sundays
AMACHA
Veteran Mechanic

Post by AMACHA »

why not im in!
ftofionaaa
Grease Monkey

Post by ftofionaaa »

im in (:
dSin
Apprentice

Post by dSin »

hey guys, heres some info about the day.
Hello All,

As is evident in the other thread relating to the bushfire that have recently savaged parts of Victoria, many of you have been moved by the plight of those who have had their lives turned upside down by this heartwrenching disaster. Even those of us who are not personally affected by the events of the last few days, we all feel an urge to do our bit to help out our fellow Australians. People all around Australia are doing their bit to help the people of Marysville, Kingslake, Gippsland and surrounds.

As suggested by a couple of our members here at Prelude Australia, we are going to run a cruise to help raise some money for the Bushfire Relief Fund that has been set up to assist those affected to rebuild their lives. It will be our little bit to help this very worthwhile cause.

The cruise will begin in Glen Waverley and will be a modified version of our recent Summer Nights Cruise. From Glen Waverley we will cruise along along the freeway, through Endeavour Hills, Lysterfield, Belgrave, Emerald,Beaconsfield, Berwick before finishing up at Krispy Kremes at Fountain Gate. We have recieved quite a bit of interest from other car clubs who want to join us for this to help raise funds. All proceeds from the day will go to the Bushfire fund.

So here are the details.

Where: Glen Waverley Railway Station Car Park, Railway Parade North, Glen Waverley. (The large carpark opposite the bus terminus.)

When: Sunday March 8th 2009.

Time: Meet at 5:30pm. Expected Departure after pre cruise briefing - 6:15pm

Cost: We wish to nominate a charge of $10 per car to attend the cruise. Your $10 will get you a map for the cruise. Of course we encourage any further donations on the day if you have any spare cash. Remember, 100% of the proceeds from the days activity will go to the official Bushfire Relief Fund which has been established by the State and Federal Government, and has already raised several million dollars.

What to bring: Bring your car, bring your friends, and bring your money. Our aim is to raise as much as possible for the victims of these bushfires.

Enquiries: Brad Woodford - 0408-996-859 Email: BradWoodford@optusnet.com.au

Further to this, I will be approaching OzHonda, FTO Club, The Forester Club Of Australia and CRX Australia as they have already expressed interest in attending. If anybody knows of any other car clubs who might be interested in participating, please let me know and we will discuss inviting their attendance.

Depending on the number of vehicles in attendance on the day, we will carry out staggered departure times for each group...so as to ensure that vehicles arent crammed up together.

I really appreciate all of your support so far, and I look forward to seeing many of you out on the day so that we can unite and help the people who so badly need us behind them right now.

Cheers
Brad.
nikhan
Mechanic

Post by nikhan »

Ok lets have the FTOClub headcount

1. Amacha
2. Yannino? (its after 5 so u will be coming rite?)
3. Ftofionaaa
4. nikhan
SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

nikhan wrote:1. Amacha
2. Yannino? (its after 5 so you will be coming rite?)
3. Ftofionaaa
4. nikhan
5. dude you left my name off the list?!?! silverfish
yannino
Grease Monkey

Post by yannino »

yep i guess ill come straight from work. i finish at 5pm so id be there at round 5 30-5 45 the latest so i should be there 99% sure before departure at 6 15

sounds good
and good to hear AMACHA going haha =] see you there dude
nikhan
Mechanic

Post by nikhan »

SILVERFISH wrote:
nikhan wrote:1. Amacha
2. Yannino? (its after 5 so you will be coming rite?)
3. Ftofionaaa
4. nikhan
5. [be]dude you left my name off the list?!?![/be] silverfish
Lolz....i didnt. Was on purpose so u could fill yeah name in yerself. Jks. done get too emo abt k...wahahah.
yannino
Grease Monkey

Post by yannino »

so wats the list of ppl coming to this thign...
Turning heads one person at a time =]
ftofionaaa
Grease Monkey

Post by ftofionaaa »

100% im coming my day off work (:
nikhan
Mechanic

Post by nikhan »

YO Chris...U still alive in this forum?? Or have u defected to tjhe skyline gang for good...
kermut
Grease Monkey

Post by kermut »

helping those in need ill be there to make a donation too :)
nvdfto
Grease Monkey

Post by nvdfto »

im in for this one see you guys there
Let the tunes decide
.:[Bosch Australia Automotive Department]:.
yannino
Grease Monkey

Post by yannino »

so when is this thing 100%?...have they decided march 8th or was it march 1st on that other thing u posted higher up in a different topic?

/where are we all meeting?
Turning heads one person at a time =]
nikhan
Mechanic

Post by nikhan »

Hello gav...u around???

So whats the story? Lolz
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

Where: Glen Waverley Railway Station Car Park, Railway Parade North, Glen Waverley. (The large carpark opposite the bus terminus.)

When: Sunday March 8th 2009.

Time: Meet at 5:30pm. Expected Departure after pre cruise briefing - 6:15pm

Donation: $10

People going:
1. Amacha
2. Yannino
3. Ftofionaaa
4. nikhan
5. Gav (Silverfish)
6.nvdfto (sorry dont know your name)

if you guys want to do a mini meet up beforehand... just set the place that suits you n we can try accomodate for everyone

ps. sorry Gav for doing this for u