A little rant :s

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

sublime19
Sooty!
jedwabna poszewka promocja

A little rant :s

Post by sublime19 »

I'm going to have a little rant here - Those people in Sydney who travel on Old Windsor Road will notice part of the road is tagged 60 km/h from 80 kms cos there's roadwork signs up. They've been up for a few months and there's rarely been any roadwork but they leave the signs up still permanently.

Everytime I go through that road I always go 60 kms an hour, everybody is overtaking me and I've had people high beam me for going slow but I don't give a sh*t - Cos the reason I lost my license 2 years ago on double demerit weekend was exactly for the same thing at the same area. Now I saw a cop car 2 days ago, there were plenty of cars around, everybody was doing 80 through that roadwork sign and so was the cop car. I was the only person doing 60.. Yet the cop didn't do sh*t, nor did he try to set an example by following the sign.

This exact same thing happened 2 years ago too, I was doing 60 in this zone and the cop car was doing 80 same as everybody else and I thought it was ok to do 80 if there was no actual road work on, so next time I went 80, and got pulled over and lost my license for being 21 kms over the limit.

I almost high beamed the cop and was gonna get him to pull over cos it's f*ked how when they think it's ok for people to break the rules, just cos they themselves can't be bothered to slow down to 60, but on double demerit weekends when they have to meet quota, they fine people at every chance they get..
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Mate i agree, whenever i go through school zones i actually sit on 35-40km and i have dumb ass soccer mum in their massive ford terratories so far up my ass trying to get me to speed up, cause they are running late to get there kids to karate or some sh*t.

Now what pisses me off is if I was to drive past a cop doing 35km with this bitch behind me, who do think is the one going to get pulled over and reamed.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

No point raving on about it here. Try :arrow: www.rta.nsw.gov.au
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

Bennoz wrote:No point raving on about it here. Try :arrow: www.rta.nsw.gov.au
They wont do sh*t about the cops either, maybe speed signs though.

Simon - agreed.
I'll hapily drive through a school zone doing 40 but not when you have a landcruiser or tarago tailgating you the whole way..

on another note - I've seen a police car siren other cars out of the way on a two lane street then pull into a mcdonalds drivethrough at minchinbury. REAL emergency :roll:
Storm
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Storm »

Double Demerit Weekends????

Is that sound kind of bizarre two for one offer on traffic violations???

If it is it's the dumbest thing I have ever heard! No doubt the fun police will have it imported to the UK in the next few months.

***shakes head and wonders how much more stupid life can get***
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

if they ride your ass, slam on the brakes, i mean obviously dont try to get hit, just scare them, but if they do hit you, it's their fault. they have to leave enough space to stop safely.
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

BorepYano wrote:if they ride your ass, slam on the brakes, i mean obviously dont try to get hit, just scare them, but if they do hit you, it's their fault. they have to leave enough space to stop safely.
not with my taillights :lol:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Storm wrote:Double Demerit Weekends????

Is that sound kind of bizarre two for one offer on traffic violations???

If it is it's the dumbest thing I have ever heard! No doubt the fun police will have it imported to the UK in the next few months.

***shakes head and wonders how much more stupid life can get***
The RTA introduced double demerits in 1997 in an attempt to force drivers to be more mindful of speeding, wearing seatbelts and motorcycle helmets. Double demerit points are now introduced over each major holiday period when a large proportion of road-related deaths occur.

I think you should be safe up there, it's been a while :) Over new years we have like 11 days of straight double demerits. They do the dodgiest sh*t to catch people too, cos cops have to meet quota (11 fines per day, a ex-cop told me).

And borep - Yea, whenever I have people tailgate me I just start tapping the breaks till they back off.
jay6 wrote:
on another note - I've seen a police car siren other cars out of the way on a two lane street then pull into a mcdonalds drivethrough at minchinbury. [be]REAL[/be] emergency :roll:
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

man i feel for you. i got done on double demerits from a 60kms zone .... i re traced my route that day where i copped the fine and i did NOT see anyone 60kms speed zone on the hume hwy

on school zone i always get people like <2m behind my ass and it annoys me.

say i slam the brakes and they bump me i wouldnt be a at fault? *not like i will anyway*
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

xSlurpee wrote:man i feel for you. i got done on double demerits from a 60kms zone .... i re traced my route that day where i copped the fine and i did NOT see anyone 60kms speed zone on the hume hwy

on school zone i always get people like <2m behind my ass and it annoys me.

say i slam the brakes and they bump me i wouldnt be a at fault? *not like i will anyway*
It'd be their fault. Even if you slam the brakes on, if they were travelling at a safe distant they would've had enough time to stop. Especially if it was ina 40 km zone, cos if they were really doing 40 kms, stopping would be very simple at a safe distance.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

agree with you 100% subbie

it seems to be one rule for them and another rule for everyone else
and cops are the same all round the world :roll:
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

You see cop bikes / highway patrols fly past you between Gold Coast & Brisbane going at least 30 k's over the limit all the time.. no lights / no emergency..

Should be able to film half the crazy stuff they pull .. weaving in & out of traffic, tailgating etc & get them sacked.. they're supposed to be protecting public safety, not endangering it..

Not to mention when you see cops waiting on the side of the road & sprint back to their cars, jump in & speed off up the road as soon as they see an import car to target.. go 160/180 to catch up to them & then pull them over for going a couple of k's over the limit or to defect them for something stupid.. saw it happen the other day to a Soarer..

I saw an article in the paper the other day & the Police Chief & his driver (another cop) got clocked speeding - on the way to a driving safety conference about SPEEDING! ..
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 52,00.html

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009 ... 474674.htm

Another article about how many cops are caught speeding & let off the hook;

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2008/ ... 56845.html

Just a quick word of advice to anyone caught by a speeding camera (permanent) or parked camera vehicle .. if you plan to fight the fine - find out when the camera was last calibrated .. they should ideally be done daily .. if it hasn't been calibrated for a while you can beat the fine. ;) Handheld radar are usually done daily, but you need to find out the same info in case they were lazy about it.
Storm
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Storm »

I have my inner brake lights converted to fog lights, one flick of a switch and the folks behind me tend to hit their brakes quite quickly :twisted:

MWUHAHAHAHA!!!
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

I8A4RE wrote:
BorepYano wrote:if they ride your ass, slam on the brakes, i mean obviously dont try to get hit, just scare them, but if they do hit you, it's their fault. they have to leave enough space to stop safely.
technically even with your lights. they have to leave enough space between them and the veh in front to stop safely (inc unforeseen events etc), all you have to say is that you pulled up your hand brakes by accident i guess lol
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

good find mr charisma.

Funny thing how an article on cops speeding is played out so nicely. When you have a driver of a jap car speeding the article is so dramatic and theres an overuse of the words "hoon", "street racer" etc.
da_msta_chizz
Grease Monkey

Post by da_msta_chizz »

BorepYano wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:
technically even with your lights. they have to leave enough space between them and the veh in front to stop safely (inc unforeseen events etc), all you have to say is that you pulled up your hand brakes by accident i guess lol
Or just make sure they're smashed well enough that the cops would never find out anyway if you do plan to let your FTO get destroyed.
[img]http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m389/damstachizz/sunkills.jpg[/img]
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Purely in response to the OP, cos I can't be bothered reading the rest of it.

I drive that stretch of road frequently and know exactly what you're talking about.

I guess the reason why coppers wouldn't do sh*t about it usually is because, like you say, it's very rare that they're actually doing any roadwork on it. It'd be a bit rich for the police to pull someone over for not obeying roadwork signs when there is not a single roadworker in sight... sure if they're having a bad day they might, but i'm talking on average.

On the other hand, ANY infringement on double demerit weekends is fair game. That's why I hate driving on them and avoid it like the plague. Bullsh*t I know, but you have to play their game.

The final thing you have to remember, is that a couple of years ago (I'd bet a fair amount it was about the same time you got done) there were a couple of roadworkers killed on ole windsor road by cars, so at the time the police definitely would've been cracking down on it. It's like every time someone crashes on the Old Pac, there's police all over it for the next few weeks.

At the end of the day, the police are just trying to do their job, and (rightly or wrongly) they have a LOT of opportunity to use discretion. It's times like when you got done that you'd wish they used it a bit more!
Resident Asshole.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

nicholas wrote:
At the end of the day, the police are just trying to do their job, and (rightly or wrongly) they have a LOT of opportunity to use discretion. It's times like when you got done that you'd wish they used it a bit more!
absolutely right, most of the time, if the officer forms a decent opinion of you & doesn't peg you as being a hoon, then they can use their discretion & give you a warning & send you on your way..
If you do get a fine, you've got to consider whether they were responding to how you were acting .. were you being a complete dick about it, or trying to lie / excuse your way out of it? Or were you being honest & upfront & polite?

There is always a chance that they're going to have a grudge against certain "types" of people, or people who drive certain "types" of cars.. but most cops are decent people who will give you a break if you seem like you're not a total douche boy racer..

If all else fails, do a runner & they'll just call off the chase after it hits 180 or so ;) :lol: just kidding .. FTOAustralia does not condone such things :P 8) :lol:
nikhan
Mechanic

Post by nikhan »

Well...if u need a new rear bar jus do a hard brake and let the car behind slam into u...hte other party is at fault anyway. Lolz...jks
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Yea, a couple of roadworkers were killed, though when I got caught before it was at 2am, the cop car was just sitting on the side of the roadin the grass behind the bushes (which were there at the time) pulling people over who weren't following the roadwork signs :?

I wrote an email to the RTA. Lets see what response I get (if any).