Best place to mount 1 amp.

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Best place to mount 1 amp.

Post by Astron_Boy »

This car isn't for sound, but in getting some decent sound out of it, I'm installing 1 amplifier for front splits and the 6x9s.
Where is an ideal place to mount just 1 amp without it getting in the way and requiring special placement.

I'm used to big cars with more room to play with than a compacts boot :?
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

with my old amp i mounted it on the board behind the back seat.... 4 screws and bingo bango! Your done... Its not in the way and can be an extra thing to look at if your boot is empty... If its small enough maybe the glove compartment?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah definitly in the boot
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

yip boot as if mounted in cabin ie under seat then no ventilation and it will keep overheating and cutting out
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Ok, thanks for the input

Might make a false wall and have the amp 'floating' at the back of the boot.
Will have to make up 2 slouch bags for either side of the boot, for the emergency packs, should be okay though.

What do you reckon the chances of finding out gray carpet are to cover over? :? :lol:
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

false wall great idea to keep it looking stock just make sure you have plenty of air flow still, I really wanted to do same but with strut brace in boot it really makes things difficult for space.

try local carpet shops for off cuts shouldn't be hard to find the carpet ;)
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

vipfto wrote:try local carpet shops for off cuts shouldn't be hard to find the carpet ;)
Good idea!
gotta keep this cost effective, this is all just stuff lying around, so up till now been a free job :lol:
gpx94

Post by gpx94 »

i mounted mine under the pasager seat fits perfect