Importing from the UK

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mr-charisma
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Importing from the UK

Post by mr-charisma »

Has anyone imported a car from the UK before?

And.. if so, what sort of things do I need to know? Any traps / pitfalls to watch out for?

Is there any way to get around having to own & use it for 12+ months before you can import?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

From what i remember you have to own the car for 12months before importing it or you will pay heaps in tax. Mate google it i was reading a website just the other day on importing a car from the uk to au. It had heaps of good info
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

yeah, I've already been reading up on it .. more interested in finding out some goss from people who have been there, done that & whether there are any ways around some of the dodgy legislations..
I don't really want to have to live over there for a year & own it to bring it back over here, but if I need to I could buy the Elise & get it registered & brought back here under under my gf's sisters name since she'll be going over there to live for a few years pretty soon.. and then just leave it in storage for 12 months..

but then again, i don't know if i'd get away with it .. i.e. if you need to "own" it for a certain period once it's over here as well.. etc etc

the official site is;

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/ ... index.aspx