Recommendations....???

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

yano
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Recommendations....???

Post by yano »

Can anyone recommend a good cheap place that'll replace my clutch? I've bought the clutch kit already and need it swapped over. Preferrably south side but if you know somewhere that does it cheap I wouldn't mind the little extra travel. I've had some idiots quote me 600 for fitment which is ridiculous. Any suggestions? Cheers
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

hmmmmm i am tempted to say ill do it but without the alignment tool it might provide somewhat difficult.

Anyone done one at home?? What did you do to align the clutch etc?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

haha mate if you could put my clutch in I'd love you long time. Feel like doing an alternator as well? :lol: No biggie if you can't though cos without a hoist the clutch would be a whore to take out.
knowhopetattoo
Grease Monkey

Post by knowhopetattoo »

As with all mechanical work for me it's been a long time, but I have done one before.
Now I cannot say for sure but I think we aligned it by eye as the tool we had for it was shitThat was on an EH so there was a lot more room to actually do that than there would be on the FTO, and it Was still a crapper of a job to do ^^
Anyway the alligning tool is available for $60 from kingchrome, probably cheaper from supercheap or autiobarn.
I can help you guys out if you do it in the evening(finish work at 6) or on a monday or tuesday when I'm off work.
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

Yeah I could easily grab an alligning tool if thats the price range. Thanks for the offer as well mate :)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

ok let me think about whats involved and get back to.

Yeah chris i have done them by eye before but that was on a hoist where you so much more room.

Alternator piece of piss mate, ill definitly do that for you
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

Sweet. I just gotto wait for the alternator to arrive next week. When are you available? I've been ringing around today and decided to give joe and ricks a call. Got quoted $350 which is pretty damn reasonable. Thinking more about this job, I'd feel pretty bad getting you to do it considering everything that's involved. Would be an absolute c**t (which is a word i don't use much :lol: )
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Pfft! Alignment tool...

Best alignment is done by hand!
knowhopetattoo
Grease Monkey

Post by knowhopetattoo »

Bennoz wrote:Pfft! Alignment tool...

Typical NSW

Like stick your finger through the spline into the spigot bearing

:lol:

As I said earlier, I've aligned them by eye before.

Bye hand is a new one for me ...must be a Sydney thing!
8O
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

knowhopetattoo wrote:Typical NSW

Like stick your finger through the spline into the spigot bearing

:lol:
You Queenslanders and your euphemisms :lol:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bennoz wrote:Pfft! Alignment tool...

You done them on the ground benny without the tool???? Any drama's? How heavy is the box?