Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

smorison
The Godfather
jedwabna poszewka promocja

QLD Coordinator

Post by smorison »

Hi,
As many of you will know Breza is heading to Tasmania. So we need a new QLD Coordinator for the club.

If you are interested please contact me regarding this position
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

as cool as that would be i couldnt see myself with the time or effort to organize stuff.

however what sort of things does this position take care of?
Whats an FTO?
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

Not much is involved at this stage really.....................

Just organise the odd cruise, social gathering etc, there are plenty of people that will help you.

I can keep moderating the Yahoo group if no one else would like to do that part.

C'mon guys!!!!!! I am now in Hobart so unfortunately I won't be able to organise much for you from down here!!!!!

Cheers

Chris
blk_fto
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

I thought about taking this position on but I just know I am a little too lazy :wink: . Plus I'd be running cruises nearly every weekend except I'd probably be the only one in attendance with that sort of frequency! :D
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

indyfto wrote:I thought about taking this position on but I just know I am a little too lazy :wink: . Plus I'd be running cruises nearly every weekend except I'd probably be the only one in attendance with that sort of frequency! :D
we used to do a friday night cruise almost every friday for a long time...

too lazy now ;)
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

Well... for the time being. I will arrive in august, how often have you guys met up? I might still be rather busy for the first month i arrive with roganising a place for myself to live, but after that i should be right to organise a few things. My job will have me out in the field a bit (aka dalby and surrounds) so the frequency of cruises'n'stuff may be a little irregular.

Where do the majority of you all live?? north, south, city, west? I will be staying in Redcliffe for a little while.

Cheers,

Daz.
Bretto

Post by Bretto »

Daz,
I live in East Brisbane. Dont listen to anyone else. South side of the river is the only place to live. When you do come we should organise a meet/cruise. Also a friend of mine and I are going to the Raceway (out Ipswich way). It happens about once a month. Take your car out on the track. $75 for 3 set 5 laps..... I think.

Bretto
Theremin
Grease Monkey

Post by Theremin »

Daz - We meet up every few months for a cruise. We haven't had one for a while, since Breza moved to Tas and I have been in Sydney for the last 4 months. But when you get up here we should definitely do something.
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

Looking forward to it already! Been too long down here in Adelaide... Where do you people normally drive to - is it mainly coast runs or up into the ranges or is it just randomly chosen?
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

Where do you people normally drive to - is it mainly coast runs or up into the ranges or is it just randomly chosen?
Usually just wherever Cam and I decided to go. :-)

The hills inland and up to the Sunshine Coast are good for a blast but some other people enjoy cruising the beachside areas and enjoying the vie....errr..... I mean atmosphere.

I believe a few of the guys also make regular visits to BWCP and are involved in other clubs.

Don't believe what anyone says..................live on the north side of the Brisbane river and you won't regret it. :-)

Cheers

Chris
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

I lived in redcliffe almost all of my life - except for my stint down here. I prefer the north side too :lol:
Shivan
Apprentice

Need a Catch-Up

Post by Shivan »

Bout time we did something, at least to see who's in the area and whats happening, new mods etc, few trips for business to NZ organised, but other than that i'm usually available, night or weekend..
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

Hey Thomas,

Bout time you showed yourself. :-P

Business trips to NZ......................Does this mean you can do a little shopping for your P & J whilst there?

Cheers

Chris
Shivan
Apprentice

Shopping

Post by Shivan »

Sure, have a few more trips coming up in the next few weeks/months, probably 2 or 3 more trips this year, ill post the date when i know them.

As for shopping, any chance we can get the Shop here to price the FTO Rear Clear Lights
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

I think Stephen was trying to get a local manufacturer to make some clear tail lights Shivan. Or at least I can remember expressions of interest being taken. Maybe if your interested you should send him an email to see what he says.
GarryD
Grease Monkey

Who's phone number

Post by GarryD »

Who's phone numbers do I have Picked up a card from Caltex DB Rd last week Says South East Queensland FTO Club
been sending SMS's to the mobile to get some details but no reply
number is 0414335076 also have a landline number
CuzZ

Post by CuzZ »

I think the Queensland Coordinator is either MIA or KIA :)

Does anyone know what the go is with QLD FTO's ???

Cheers CuzZ
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

Yep - MIA... well, work is keeping me very busy. There is nothing stopping anybody else organising a cruise or just a meeting to show off ya car.
Greggles
Apprentice

Post by Greggles »

Well if any of you mob head down to the Coast let me know, I'll meet up on a Friday/Saturday night and show off the beast. Not much to look at but at least it's an FTO.