r33 sky.line's Anyone on here own one, thoughts & opinio

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

sublime19
Sooty!
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by sublime19 »

LOL FUK I really AM having an off week :lol:
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

LOL @ facepalm insertion comment. We should find an emoticon pic or something for it :lol:

Sublime - it's all good mate happens to everyone :lol:

JD - sounds like you went with a top choice in rims...dish or no dish, I like the style :D

FTEvolution - I'll definitly look into boosting, think they're like 7 or 9psi from factory so 13 would put out decent figures. Thanks for the input mate ;)

I was positive there was a member on here who had an r33 which they did track days in. I remember you all bagging him out for driving a sky.line too :lol:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

sublime19 wrote:LOL FUK I really AM having an off week :lol:
Lol,
Yeah doesnt KJ have a r33?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I8A4RE wrote:OMG you friggan noob.... he is not talking about your grammer he is talking the fact he said
Its grammar, you f#$king n00b :lol:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bennoz wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:OMG you friggan noob.... he is not talking about your grammer he is talking the fact he said
FFS, didnt realise we were back at school :lol: Right from now on ill just in txt spk will that b. beta?? :lol:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I8A4RE wrote:
sublime19 wrote:LOL FUK I really AM having an off week :lol:
Lol,
Yeah doesnt KJ have a r33?
just found this thread and yes I do. I only bought a gtst some years ago when they were a bit more expensive than they are today as they are quite cheap.

Persoally I like the look from the arse, its fat and tough. I dont like evo's in comparision as I reckon they are shoeboxes. I drve both cars and I love the look of a well done r33, there are some really sh*t ones out there. I dont like the r4 gtt or the r32 gtst only the GTR verison in each - they look much different.

As for heavy, 1300kg is hardly heavy when your putting down an easy 200 rwkw with only a boost and intake mod.

I'm running 300rw kw which is approx 350 kw at the fly. 300 atw in my club is not much as plenty of people are pushing 350-400 these days. But mines with a stock bottom end.

To put this in perspective a 997 Turbo puts out about 360 at the fly also. The GTST is about 1330kg and the 997 turbo is 1660kg...no need to do the math on that one! but the 997 has some go fits bits which make it awsome for launches and thats where they get me usually.

And this highlights why Ilove my car even now as so many spastics have them. Its not a GTR but it breaks much less than a GTR. A stock r33 GTR these days are going for 25k - a r32 gtr are in 17k bracket or less. However the cost to make it fast is still expesnive - and they bust more bits.

If I was buying one now, say a GTST, look for a heavily modiified one as they will be going cheap as chips and save yourself 15-30k in the process. Take it to the track and enjoy the good times it will bring.

Here are some recent pics of mine a a drift day I went to:

J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

drrrrrrrift!!!
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

I8A4RE wrote:
Bennoz wrote:
FFS, didnt realise we were back at school :lol: Right from now on ill just in txt spk will that b. beta?? :lol:
I would've assumed you've never been to school :lol:
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
alekazam
Mechanic

Post by alekazam »

i don't mind the look of them iv seen some nice kits for them and they're not considered bogon cars yet.
here is a link to a Top Gear Buying a Skyline GTR vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4czhDc9OlQo
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

^^^^^ damn the r34 gtr is by far the best looking....

"the brakes tend to explode

... What? They just blow up?!" LOL
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

jay6 wrote:^^^^^ damn the r34 gtr is by far the best looking....

and by far the most expensive...
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

jay6 wrote:

Well, they don't "just blow up," you have to have given them some pretty nasty thrash sessions to stress them to the point of failing. But yes, the 34's have been known to bust brakes more than other models... still a damn good bit of kit though :)
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

300rwkw > looks
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I've driven dozens of the buggers. From a boosted 32 running 18 pound into an RB20, to a non turbo 33 with fucked shocks, to a 350kw R34 to name a few. The well setup worked ones are awesome, the worn out stock ones are f**king dreadful. Never been a fan of the aethics thou. Only one that does anything for me are the worked R32 GTRs (circa Mark Skaife @ Bathurst.)
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Bennoz wrote:I've driven dozens of the buggers. From a boosted 32 running 18 pound into an RB20, to a non turbo 33 with fucked shocks, to a 350kw R34 to name a few. The well setup worked ones are awesome, the worn out stock ones are f**king dreadful. Never been a fan of the aethics thou. Only one that does anything for me are the worked R32 GTRs (circa Mark Skaife @ Bathurst.)
couldnt agree more. I have helped a fair few poeple with issues over the past few years and their stokies are just so sh*t in about every way....then i get in mine to go home and wham...in all back in love again.
da_msta_chizz
Grease Monkey

Post by da_msta_chizz »

That guy's a sh*t driver.

Did you hear him change gears the first time he was in the R34?
WTF is that? a demo on how to kill a clutch and drive it like a truck?

But yeah, i've always had a soft spot for the looks of the R34 for some reason. They just look so damn great..Beefy, but also smooth at the same time.

R33s,
Some R33's can look great and go awesome (friend has a GTST putting out about 270-300kw), but it really just depends on how they've been modified. His one has been treated to only the best. The day before he went for a track day at Oran, he came into our shop to get it serviced and have the tyres replaced with (at the time) pre-release Bridgestone RE-001s (ie, $600ea at the time).
The next day, he brought it back in and got it re-serviced.

Some 'lines are fitted out with quality NISMO / Apexi / HKS gear and have been serviced reguarly, while being given a nice bodykit.

Some of them have been given $20 BOV's from supercheap and have never been serviced, with stupid ass bodykits that make them weight 2 tons and have the aerodynamics of a large brick.

It all depends on the actual car. Like i said, some R33's can look great and be absolutely fabulous cars.
some of them can look like rubbish and be beaten by Kia Rios.
[img]http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m389/damstachizz/sunkills.jpg[/img]
MintFTO
Apprentice

Post by MintFTO »

I went from an FTO to an R33, bought it stock, low km's in close to immaculate condition. Fantastic handling, perhaps not as agile as an FTO but easy to reach the limits of the car and very forgiving when you do. Weight is not a concern against the R32 at 1320kg vs the R33 at 1370. The RB25 more than compensates. What I find interesting with this arguement is that no-one complains about the R34 at 1410kg... (comparing GTST and GTT here) One of the best things I have found with the R33 is the responsiveness to upgrades, however in the past 2-3 years the market seems to have been flooded with cheap Chinese junk which seems to catch some owners out. Personally ive stuck with the Japanese brands throughout and have never had a problem. In summing up, I doubt you will get bored with a well maintained R33, ive had mine going on 6 years now, running a 3.0L bottom end with RB25 head currently making 330hp at the wheels. Just currently sourcing enough parts to hopefully make that 330kw at the wheels running a GT35R. They're quite addictive toys...
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

While weight plays an important factor...it isn't the be all and end all like it used to be. Advances in suspension setup, chassis engineering and weight location etc means cars can somewhat afford to be heavy these days (if it's a recent car that was engineered to be sporty).

R34 at 1410kg ? Hrmm i always thought they were a bit heavier. My particular V35 with sunroof, leather trimming etc is around 1600kgs.

I reckon if i told a couple of members on the FTO cruise that info, i would've got a few raised eyebrows (after they saw how it handles without me even pushing it much at all).

Good info on the R33, they are indeed very easy to find the limits and very forgiving on edge. Makes it a great fun car! I kinda wish my V35 was a bit more easy on edge but without doing a fair bit of sussy work, it'll never be. a lot of people have spun their V35/G35/350Z accidentally.

As to buying one...yeah i'd do it if i was in the 15k market or so.. or you can wait and pick up a 15k 32 gt-r hehe.
MintFTO
Apprentice

Post by MintFTO »

Definately 1410kg, atleast going by this source anyway: http://nissanskyline.6te.net/GTT_spec.htm

The GTR's are all progressively heavier too throughout the series, but each manages to out perform the model it supercedes.

It shouldnt be hard to find a well looked after late model R33 GTST for 15k without too many km's. As for the R32 GTR I would have my doubts after hearing a few horror stories with GTR's in that price range...
mz_madz
Grease Monkey

Post by mz_madz »

bf has one! immaculate condition, mods & all..

once i am off restrictions i will be buying one.. if you need any info on servicing etc shoot me a PM & i will give you his number..