New fto owner in WA.

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Bennoz »

I did. Coupled with a cat back they gave me a solid 10-15kws more. Good product, but wasn't really 'finished' to my standards. Spent a day with a straight grinder smoothing welds out of the joins :roll:
boonng

Post by boonng »

Bennoz wrote:Yeah, 70mm is overkill. 65mm is ok, but you have to have the opening of the plenum machined to match - hence they sell it as a "manifold / TB kit"

Also not really worth doing unless you've got a tuneable ECU / piggyback. Wont get the most out of it.
so 70mm is not worth doing, while 65mm would be beneficial?
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

boonng wrote:
Bennoz wrote:Yeah, 70mm is overkill. 65mm is ok, but you have to have the opening of the plenum machined to match - hence they sell it as a "manifold / TB kit"

Also not really worth doing unless you've got a tuneable ECU / piggyback. Wont get the most out of it.
so 70mm is not worth doing, while 65mm would be beneficial?
I think you missed that bit :)
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Shahrez
Mechanic

Post by Shahrez »

Welcome to the club! Lol been somtime since we had a new wa member! Where abouts in wa you from?
boonng

Post by boonng »

hey shahrez, im living in cannington. btw has anyone experienced a exhaust overheat warning? i have only driven my car for less then 10mins over the freeway and that warning sign appear. what could be the cause of it and how can i fix it?
boonng

Post by boonng »

boonng wrote:hey shahrez, im living in cannington. btw has anyone experienced a exhaust overheat warning? i have only driven my car for less then 10mins over the freeway and that warning sign appear. what could be the cause of it and how can i fix it?
i guess i have found the problem. i found my sensor draggin on the floor. it has diconnected from the cat converter apparently. is it safe to travel with the sensor disconnected? atleast driving it to the garage?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

completely safe mate. Its no biggy at all
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Shahrez
Mechanic

Post by Shahrez »

boonng wrote:
boonng wrote:hey shahrez, im living in cannington. btw has anyone experienced a exhaust overheat warning? i have only driven my car for less then 10mins over the freeway and that warning sign appear. what could be the cause of it and how can i fix it?
i guess i have found the problem. i found my sensor draggin on the floor. it has diconnected from the cat converter apparently. is it safe to travel with the sensor disconnected? atleast driving it to the garage?
yeah mate thats fine. Sweet cannington, thats not too far from my place in canningvale. U got any pics of your ride?
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

boonng wrote: anyone here do bring your FTO to a racetrack and do time attack? i am about to do that with my friends.
Which events? I do them sometimes as well. Theres Nolimitevents.com which does a time attack around barbagello and theres AHG state sprint and auto test championships.. and i'm sure theres some others.. but i dont keep up with them. I'm doing the state sprint championship this year.. the first round is this month. Theres also antoher wa owner who does them as well his name is Richard H he does both autotest and state sprint. They're good fun if you can afford it.