Potential FTO owner

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ross79
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Potential FTO owner

Post by ross79 »

Hi, thought I better introduce myself. New to FTOs but have always liked them. My previous sporty Mitsubishi was a Starion. We're about put our TT Supra up for sale to replace it with an FTO. Main reason being, it's cheaper, looks like a little supra and it will be cheaper on fuel. I prefer rear wheel drive but I found the FTO handles great for a fwd car, so it's not an issue. We took a Manual GPX for a spin and my girlfriend instantly fell in love with it. We'll still have our Soarer for the turbo fix.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

WTTC ross79
all the best for finding the right FTO for you :D
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

WTTC .. Where abouts you located ... :?:

Have you bought an FTO yet :?:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

WTTC enjoy ;)
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
ross79

Post by ross79 »

rock_it wrote:WTTC .. Where abouts you located ... :?:

Have you bought an FTO yet :?:
I'm in Castlemaine (hot rod central) needless to say you stick out driving an import around here.

Nah haven't bought an FTO yet. Need to sell the Supra first.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Nice ..

Hey, you got any pics of the Supra ?? One of my Fav cars ...
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

always been a fan of the supra and soarer
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Welcome to the club!. you wont be disappointed with your decision.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    vipfto
    Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

WTTC mate :D
    FTO GR-TURBO
    172KW ATW @ 11PSI
    ross79

Post by ross79 »

rock_it wrote:Nice ..

Hey, you got any pics of the Supra ?? One of my Fav cars ...
    Yeah its always been one of my dream cars, but building a house means we have to look at a cheaper alternative. Will buy another a few years down the track though. How do you upload pics on here?
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Umm .. You can either upload them on sites like

Cardomain
    Putfile
    Photo bucket

then come in here, put [ img]www.the address[ /img] without any spaces, and it will be in the thread...

Other then that, start yourself up a gallery ... The link is over on the left hand side...
    :D
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Umm .. You can either upload them on sites like

Cardomain
    Putfile
    Photo bucket

then come in here, put [ img]www.the address[ /img] without any spaces, and it will be in the thread...

Other then that, start yourself up a gallery ... The link is over on the left hand side...
    :D
    bushido
    Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

I love the 1j and 2j series of engines. Supras are great but I reckon a Chaser with a 1j and single turbo conversion and jap boso style is :twisted:
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    ###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
    ross79

Post by ross79 »

bushido wrote:I love the 1j and 2j series of engines. Supras are great but I reckon a Chaser with a 1j and single turbo conversion and jap boso style is :twisted:
    They're the strongest engines I've encountered and always a favourite of mine. It's suprising how much stuff is interchangable between the 1J & 2J. Handy when it comes to servicing as they both take the same oil and filters :)
    I've converted the Soarer to a single. Pretty lagy bug it suits the car. Never been a fan of the chaser, but I can see the appeal. I've always loved big slick coupes and can never get away from the soarer (my second one now). Can't wait to get an FTO as I've always liked high revving N/A engines.
    Here's some pics of the supra:
    http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... emId=67025
    http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... emId=67028
    And a pic of the Soarer:
    http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... emId=67030
    bushido
    Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

I never used to like the Chaser but the fact that it looks like a sexier camry, and a massive sleeper car, IMO it has huge appeal. Saying that I hate sedans but when I watch the japs drift, theres just something about a massive sedan sideways thats just ahhhh.. :D

EDIT : the front bar on the soarer is a bit ot there 8O . Clean Supra though. Would look better with a tougher offset on the rims IMO
    ###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
    J
    Oldtimer

Post by J »

i've heard a few things about the tt supra. Like the sequential turbo, where one turbo kicks in for a certain rev range and the 2nd picks up later, hence why many people upgrade to a bigger single. Correct me if im wrong.

I was actually going to get the 2jzge supra and setup the turbo when i got onto the full license, but ended up with the fto. I must say you have good taste in cars. I want a soarer/sc400 with a vertex kit :D
    ross79

Post by ross79 »

jay6 wrote:i've heard a few things about the tt supra. Like the sequential turbo, where one turbo kicks in for a certain rev range and the 2nd picks up later, hence why many people upgrade to a bigger single. Correct me if im wrong.

I was actually going to get the 2jzge supra and setup the turbo when i got onto the full license, but ended up with the fto. I must say you have good taste in cars. I want a soarer/sc400 with a vertex kit :D
    Yeah it's a sequential setup where one turbo kicks in pretty much straight away while the second one is bypassed. Then after 4k the exhaust & intake valves open up to let the air rush into the second as well as first turbo. Both turbos are identically sized.
    It works quite well. Although sometimes the system can playup and leave you just running on the first turbo. I had this issue in the past but managed to sort it out. I can see the benefit of going single but I like the sequential setup and it gives cops less to complain about.

I like the vertex kits on the soarers but they're getting a bit common. My favourite is the current one I have but never knew what it's called. Luckily I managed to come across a soarer with it already fitted :) Trying to talk my parents into getting a Vertex for their SC400.
    J
    Oldtimer

Post by J »

ross79 wrote:
    jay6 wrote:i've heard a few things about the tt supra. Like the sequential turbo, where one turbo kicks in for a certain rev range and the 2nd picks up later, hence why many people upgrade to a bigger single. Correct me if im wrong.

Yeah it's a sequential setup where one turbo kicks in pretty much straight away while the second one is bypassed. Then after 4k the exhaust & intake valves open up to let the air rush into the second as well as first turbo. Both turbos are identically sized.
    It works quite well. Although sometimes the system can playup and leave you just running on the first turbo. I had this issue in the past but managed to sort it out. I can see the benefit of going single but I like the sequential setup and it gives cops less to complain about.

I like the vertex kits on the soarers but they're getting a bit common. My favourite is the current one I have but never knew what it's called. Luckily I managed to come across a soarer with it already fitted :) Trying to talk my parents into getting a Vertex for their SC400.
    I can imagine, 3 of my cousins drive soarers/sc400's which is where my love for them comes from. 1 of them bought the car from japan with a custom kit. Only 10 made in the world but he sold the car to get married and eventually bought another one. Just like the fto, soarers dont have much bodykit supoort in australia.
    Robbie
    Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

ross79 wrote: Need to sell the Supra first.
    How much are you selling the supra for?
    ross79

Post by ross79 »

Robbie wrote:
    ross79 wrote: Need to sell the Supra first.
    How much are you selling the supra for?
    19k. It's stock appart from rims, exhaust and veilside kit.