Finally I have an FTO!!!!

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

evoman
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Finally I have an FTO!!!!

Post by evoman »

Hey everyone, you have no idea how happy I am to be finally making this post :-)

After doing the hard yards and saving up for what feels like an eternity and then looking around for even longer, I have finally landed myself an FTO. Picked up a virtually stock(except wheels) white GPvR yesterday so I'm well chuffed.

You might guess from my username that I'm a bit of an evo nut, but I always wanted to start out in a FTO first.
I'm currently in Wollongong and have been seeing a lot more FTO's around this year (most recently FTO-99R's former car?) so it's good to know I'm not alone.

Really looking forward to hopfully getting to meet some of you!
PS. Someone please buy my rims.
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

put some pics up evoman.
WTTC !
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
ftofionaaa
Grease Monkey

Post by ftofionaaa »

welcome to the club . lets see some photos :D
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Welcome ...

I may see you around ... Am down in the gong quite a bit ...
evoman
Grease Monkey

Post by evoman »

Thanks for the welcome. I haven't had time to take any good photos yet, but here are a few I have.

You might notice it has Cusco adjustable camber plates, but is missing the front and rear strut braces which I assume were taken out during compliancing. Bastards. Will be looking to source some before too long.

Headunit and front speakers are also missing, but I didn't get this car to listen to normal music. No need when there is such a nice soundtrack already playing in the front :-)

Still can't believe the dealer thought it was a GX Sports :o
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Nice one! That looks well tidy! :)
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Nice clean car, gratz on the buy and welcome :afro: :santa: :dj: :cat: :sunny: :rabbit: :rendeer: :king: :jocolor: :smurf: :bigsmurf: :brilsmurf:
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Very nice clean example.

Welcome :D

Coming to the bonfire? :P
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

WTTC evoman :D
as MAD-FTO said come down to the bonfire weekend you will get to meet about 33+ of us :twisted:
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

I was about to suggest the same thing. Welcome to the club and if you can make some time to get down to the bonfire on the weekend of the 4th April for the bonfire, that would be great
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    nvr2low
    Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey mate pm me with photos of your rims mate please I might be intrested what size are they
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Actually, this isnt an Aero is it. Its just that there was an Aero for sale when I got mine that had those rims on it.
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      evoman
      Grease Monkey

Post by evoman »

dstocks wrote:Actually, this isnt an Aero is it. Its just that there was an Aero for sale when I got mine that had those rims on it.
      Interesting question, honestly I'm not sure mate, how can you tell if it is?
      The VIN Decoder just says it's a GPvR.
      Also it was manufacured in June 97 and I have a vague recollection that I read somewhere once that the aero's didn't start until late '97?...although I could easily be wrong.

Where did you see the one that you are referring to? In a dealer a few years ago or more recently?
      vipfto
      Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

WTTC mate, Nice buy 8)
      FTO GR-TURBO
      172KW ATW @ 11PSI
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Where did you see the one that you are referring to? In a dealer a few years ago or more recently?
      Japan. It was for sale when I was looking for mine. Ive now had mine about 18 months, so yeah, probably a couple of years ago. Do you still have the version R sticker on the back of the boot. There is normally an Aero sticker to the right of it if its an Aero. I would have thought the vin decoder would have picked it up as an Aero if it was one as well.
        evoman
        Grease Monkey

Post by evoman »

Nah it doesn't have any stickers on it any more, so I can't tell from that. Buy yeah, like I said it doesn't show up on the vin decoder.

Just for my interest, are there actually any differences in an aero model or is it just a namesake?
        dstocks
        National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

An Aero is pretty much a fully optioned out version R from what I have seen. There is nothing on it that wasnt available as an option from what ive found
          aza013
          NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

I dont think that there was any Aero's made in the month of June 97 as that is when my one was made as welland I did not see any on the list.
          zuihoujueding
          Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

Great buy! at least they did not take out the fog lights which cost a fortune!
          evoman
          Grease Monkey

Post by evoman »

Great buy eh?....lol...I haven't even had it for a week and the bitch is playing up on me.

She suddenly decided that she didn't want to idle any more today which made for a tricky trip home as I'm not good enough with the heel/toeing to keep it alive all the time. Pretty damn annoying and weird considering it was fine for the last few days.

Anyway, I desperately wanted to start a new thread on stepper motors just to make you all happy but decided not to :-P
          I haven't been able to fully investigate yet but I guess it's probably the most likely thing. Hmmm, I wonder if the dealer warranty will cover a new stepper motor if needed.