EOI - Track Day / Advanced Driver Training cruise thread

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mr-charisma
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by mr-charisma »

RallyMad wrote:hahaha, to this thread.

I think I'll keep lurking to Michael. At least until I get my belt issues sorted :twisted: :cry: :cry:

I'm really keen to get into track days this year as well. Though like Jamie I need to do some stuff first, and get a job :cry: :cry:

Probably not going to be getting into it until the second half of the year around sep or Aug for me.

But just for consideration about the Advanced training stuff I though I should mention Paul Stockell's training days. I mate of mine is involved and has me interested enough that they are on my must do list.

Here for more info:
http://www.stokellmotorsport.com.au/ttd.html

Another thing though. The Wednesday sprints and Saturday sprints would be great fun but they are competitive. As other cars on the track are trying to set times for competition and it can be pretty busy at times. Though I'd say you should still get at least 4 or 5 sessions for your money.

I went to a private testing day at Morgan Park recently though and it had no timing so no competition and was a lot more relaxed. For a vid from one of my friends racing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDkCd3FnOKo

Bloody rexes!

Just to let you know though. Those that don't know Morgan Park is in Warwick. it is a better track than QR. Also it is cheaper. You could pay for the whole day for this test day and was around $150. That was open access to the track from 8am to 4pm. You could do as many laps as you liked. With only about 25 cars there that meant a hell of a lot of laps for those that went on track.

Another thing to consider is the track hire fees are less at Morgan Park so if your considering some training from Paul Stokell I would reccommend doing it at Morgan Park. It is cheaper and the track is more difficult with more advanced corners so you will learn more.

Cheers
Garth

Hope to have everyone a one track day later this year. Would be great if I could get a bunch of you to one of these days and out number the rexes. ;)
Warwick's a bit far .. but it might be more worthwhile heading out there .. any idea about how rural it is getting there & if there are usually a lot of radars / speed camera's on the way out? (not that I would EVER speed ;))
alekazam
Mechanic

Post by alekazam »

we can get a lot of practise going over Cunningham's Gap
Fulltiltorgasm
Grease Monkey

Post by Fulltiltorgasm »

I8A4RE wrote:
Fulltiltorgasm wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:Haha, i just kidding. I was gonna lock it as well but someone came into my office and i forgot lol.
We'll be having a cruise no matter what, & making it a monthly / fortnightly thing, even if it is just heading out for Dinner / planned photoshoot @ NewFarm cliffs / or whatever.
umm excuse me, who is the f**king co-ord?? :lol:
good question aye, M.I.A i guess, at least someone is tryin to organise something lol
Get f&*ked you little bitch you havent even turned up to 1. So get back in your box

lol, yeah i will admit i havent been on one in a while, but they all seem to be sunny coast or brissy cruises, wenever the next gold coast one is ill make the effort, ;)
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

alekazam wrote:we can get a lot of practise going over Cunningham's Gap
:lol: :lol: :twisted: Agreed, it would be fun for you guys. Not that I've driven from Brissie that way. I go west along the warrego not south west which the cunnigham is.

To answer your question mr Charisma it is not the M1 but it is a good road that is the major south west road from Brisbane. It is the road trucks would take on their way to Melbourne. Probably someone that has driven it recently would be better to give an idea of how good it is. Alekazam?

Though I was thinking that it would be a long way from the sunshine coast it is probably about 2 hours from Brisbane I would think. The usual radar and cameras though.

But for what I'd want you all coming up for would be an open track day on a Wednesday, being mid week.......not that anyone would speed. So that would require either a very early start or maybe more than the one day of work and you could stay in Warwick. There are some nice motels (motor inn type) down there. In any case when the next one is orgnaised I'll post up a thread and I guess we can go from there. Usually we get a few months notice so getting holidays shouldn't be a problem for most I would think.

Maybe another track to consider for the training day especially would have to be lakeside. I'm not sure if they do open track days though. Now it is open again I do really want to race on it. Not sure where it is though, I think it is somewhere on the Sunny coast.