EOI - Track Day / Advanced Driver Training cruise thread

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mr-charisma
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

EOI - Track Day / Advanced Driver Training cruise thread

Post by mr-charisma »

Okay, because Simon is slowly but surely turning into Sam :twisted: I am proposing that we have a cruise in April ..

I am taking some time off around this time I think from the 11th - 22nd & will be going away somewhere .. I haven't decided where yet .. maybe up to North Coast QLD - so it would be cool to meet up with some of the members up that way while I'm there (still haven't decided where "there" will be yet)

So, a couple of people have expressed interest in having a track day - myself included ..
I think that this would be an awesome day out & am interested to see what kind of numbers we would get.

I would encourage everyone to put their names down for it .. If you have doubts about whether your car will be able to cope with it .. as long as it drives without dying & the brakes work you should be okay ;) It is the perfect opportunity for people to test their driving skills, figure out their limits & see how they go against other drivers 8)

Alternatively, I think an Advanced Driver Training or a day on the skidpans would be awesome awesome as well :D

Put your name down:

1.) Michael (Mr-Charisma) - Track Day or ADT Course
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)

We'll be having a cruise no matter what, & making it a monthly / fortnightly thing, even if it is just heading out for Dinner / planned photoshoot @ NewFarm cliffs / or whatever.

I want to see some new faces at this cruise (& old ones too) .. don't worry, we won't bite .. well .. Simon might ..

I'm not announcing dates yet .. To be confirmed when I figure out track day events etc.

Aye & Bye
-Michael
Last edited by mr-charisma on Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Okay,

Here is the schedule for Queensland raceway in April / May ;
http://www.qldraceways.com.au/sports_events.html#April
April

Saturday Afternoon Sprints Rd 2

Wednesday Afternoon Sprints

May

Saturday Afternoon Sprints Rd 3

-------------------------------------------------

There is also Friday Night Drift Practice;
Apr 17 | May 8 (don't have to be RWD to go)

-------------------------------------------------

Is anyone interested in Drag nights? (I'm not so much)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

THIS HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED BY ME. CRUISE CLOSED
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Lol, then just approve it & carry on ;)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Haha, i just kidding. I was gonna lock it as well but someone came into my office and i forgot lol.
We'll be having a cruise no matter what, & making it a monthly / fortnightly thing, even if it is just heading out for Dinner / planned photoshoot @ NewFarm cliffs / or whatever.
umm excuse me, who is the f**king co-ord?? :lol:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Fulltiltorgasm
Grease Monkey

Post by Fulltiltorgasm »

I8A4RE wrote:Haha, i just kidding. I was gonna lock it as well but someone came into my office and i forgot lol.
good question aye, M.I.A i guess, at least someone is tryin to organise something lol
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Fulltiltorgasm wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:Haha, i just kidding. I was gonna lock it as well but someone came into my office and i forgot lol.
good question aye, M.I.A i guess, at least someone is tryin to organise something lol
Get f&*ked you little bitch you havent even turned up to 1. So get back in your box
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I8A4RE wrote:
Fulltiltorgasm wrote:
Get f&*ked you little bitch you havent even turned up to 1. So get back in your box
I want to see some new faces at this cruise (& old ones too) .. don't worry, we won't bite .. well .. Simon might ..
WTF Simon!!?? lol .. the idea is to get people wanting to come .. not scaring them off mate :lol:
I think it's somewhere in your job description or so..
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

oh yeah .. & put your name on the frakkin' list already gods damn it!!
Jamie
Grease Monkey

Post by Jamie »

Wow time out guys. I can see this getting real ugly real quick.

@ Michael. Hey its great that you want to be an active member of the club and are interested in more meets etc. But dont forget that Simon is our co-ordinator and maybe a simple PM next time to let him know that you want more cruises or wish to organise something would be a good start.

In the time since Simon has been co-ordinator he has organised 2 cruises and a very sucessful DIY day. Granted he did forget about the last cruise ( not sure how :lol: ) but everybody makes mistakes.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Jamie wrote:Wow time out guys. I can see this getting real ugly real quick.

@ Michael. Hey its great that you want to be an active member of the club and are interested in more meets etc. But dont forget that Simon is our co-ordinator and maybe a simple PM next time to let him know that you want more cruises or wish to organise something would be a good start.

In the time since Simon has been co-ordinator he has organised 2 cruises and a very sucessful DIY day. Granted he did forget about the last cruise ( not sure how :lol: ) but everybody makes mistakes.
Lol Jamie, don't get caught up in a dog fight ;) hehe :lol:

FYI - Simon & I are just sh*t stirring each other .. 'tis what we do & have done since way back in the dreamtime ;) (at least I think he is :twisted: ..)

I'm not out to steal Simon's limelight .. I know how much he loves it :P

Just keen to start up this track day (I am putting in my application regardless) .. (you're right though , I probably should have PM'd him first ;) .. but it was late & I CBF TBH .. my bad) It's gonna take a fair bit of planning to get everyone organised & might not be a GO until (soonest) mid May possibly..

Simon, feel free to rip this down if you have other plans champ ..

I'm keen for whatever..
Jamie
Grease Monkey

Post by Jamie »

Hey guys. To all those people I spoke to regarding the track day maybe I should of been a bit clearer. My missus is paying for me to head out to the track as a birthday gift.( My b'day is in July). I was asking around to see how much interest there was to see if it was worth putting out there as a club thing. I dont think my car would be ready till then anyway. I need to do a few things like a new clutch, new pads, more suspension mods and maybe a front diffuser.

Still keen as for cruises ect though ;)
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Jamie wrote:Hey guys. To all those people I spoke to regarding the track day maybe I should of been a bit clearer. My missus is paying for me to head out to the track as a birthday gift.( My b'day is in July). I was asking around to see how much interest there was to see if it was worth putting out there as a club thing. I dont think my car would be ready till then anyway. I need to do a few things like a new clutch, new pads, more suspension mods and maybe a front diffuser.

Still keen as for cruises ect though ;)
I might be being a bit too optimistic about doing a track day at end of April / May .. I probably won't be ready enough by then ..

I think I will be taking an Advanced Driver Training course or two before then first if anyone wants to go at the same time - they're long overdue
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

CRUISE FAIL!

Postponed until further notice..

Will see if anyone else is interested in coming along when I book the ADT / Track day though ..
alekazam
Mechanic

Post by alekazam »

im interested I think it'll be a fun day out
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

feel free to use this as an EOI thread :)

As I said, would be good to see how much interest we get ..

As for prices ..

ENTRY FEES:
Prepaid entries to be received by Thursday before the event.
Entry on the day (ie after prepaid cut off) $149.00
Prepaid Entries $119.00
Annual AASA Clubman Licence $55.00
AASA Clubman Day Licence $20.00
Helmet Hire (Cost of Balaclava) $ 5.00
Helmet Hire Deposit (Refundable) On Day

So roughly $175 if organised beforehand & then just $120 for every track day after that..
alekazam
Mechanic

Post by alekazam »

thats pretty cheap considering how much a day at the gokart track costs
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

alekazam wrote:thats pretty cheap considering how much a day at the gokart track costs
aye & it's cheap considering how much a speeding fine costs..
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

mr-charisma wrote:CRUISE FAIL!

Postponed until further notice..

Will see if anyone else is interested in coming along when I book the ADT / Track day though ..
Why is this cruise a fail? :?

I would be interested but not for a couple of months. I have to much to paay for at the moment
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

hahaha, to this thread.

I think I'll keep lurking to Michael. At least until I get my belt issues sorted :twisted: :cry: :cry:

I'm really keen to get into track days this year as well. Though like Jamie I need to do some stuff first, and get a job :cry: :cry:

Probably not going to be getting into it until the second half of the year around sep or Aug for me.

But just for consideration about the Advanced training stuff I though I should mention Paul Stockell's training days. I mate of mine is involved and has me interested enough that they are on my must do list.

Here for more info:
http://www.stokellmotorsport.com.au/ttd.html

Another thing though. The Wednesday sprints and Saturday sprints would be great fun but they are competitive. As other cars on the track are trying to set times for competition and it can be pretty busy at times. Though I'd say you should still get at least 4 or 5 sessions for your money.

I went to a private testing day at Morgan Park recently though and it had no timing so no competition and was a lot more relaxed. For a vid from one of my friends racing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDkCd3FnOKo

Bloody rexes!

Just to let you know though. Those that don't know Morgan Park is in Warwick. it is a better track than QR. Also it is cheaper. You could pay for the whole day for this test day and was around $150. That was open access to the track from 8am to 4pm. You could do as many laps as you liked. With only about 25 cars there that meant a hell of a lot of laps for those that went on track.

Another thing to consider is the track hire fees are less at Morgan Park so if your considering some training from Paul Stokell I would reccommend doing it at Morgan Park. It is cheaper and the track is more difficult with more advanced corners so you will learn more.

Cheers
Garth

Hope to have everyone a one track day later this year. Would be great if I could get a bunch of you to one of these days and out number the rexes. ;)