Lambo door Conversion....YOU WANT IT? Now $950 for 10 buyers

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mr-charisma
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by mr-charisma »

I might hit you up for the pre machined bits & for some help installing them.. don't mind chucking in some more $$ for that too..
eddiii
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eddiii »

if anyone in syd knows how to install them (of cause ill pay money) ill be interested in buying a set.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

eddiii wrote:if anyone in syd knows how to install them (of cause ill pay money) ill be interested in buying a set.
put your name on the list ;)

Take em to a workshop to be fitted .
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

installing them is not too hard. Anyone with a bit of knowledge can do it and the instructions will be step by step with notes on things to watch out for.

and i'll be here to help with any probs along the way.
Female Turner On-erer
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

umm wrote:installing them is not too hard. Anyone with a bit of knowledge can do it and the instructions will be step by step with notes on things to watch out for.

and i'll be here to help with any probs along the way.
As umm has mentioned before, you don't need to know how to weld to install them (welding is optional, but recommended for strength)
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

umm mate I will pay the extra 100 for all the parts to be machined. So if I pay 1050 it will be a kit ready to go mate.
fto13-marty
Apprentice

Post by fto13-marty »

just want to check if these are installed there will be no problems with the cops or the transport department, those guys LOVE ME. :roll:
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

fto13-marty wrote:just want to check if these are installed there will be no problems with the cops or the transport department, those guys LOVE ME. :roll:
I wouldn't think so, but it might be an idea to check..
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

stuff the police. As ummm said u can open then normally and squeeze out so they will never know. Comon guys we need 10. Hey micheal aren't you getting 2 so that counts as 2 people.
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

mr-charisma wrote:As umm has mentioned before, you don't need to know how to weld to install them (welding is optional, but recommended for strength)
Yes you don't need to do any welding if you buy them completed and ready to go for the higher price. Almost anyone could install them if you get the finished set.

But if you want them for cheaper, i will supply all the parts you need to construct your own hinges. But this will require welding, taping, drilling etc..
nvr2low wrote:umm mate I will pay the extra 100 for all the parts to be machined. So if I pay 1050 it will be a kit ready to go mate.
Yes. A complete kit to construct the hinges. You will need to weld them etc.

Please indicate if you want:
Completed Hinges ready to install. 1=$2800 5+=$2500 10+=$2200
Hinge Kit with machined parts. 1=$1600 5+=$1350 10+=$1050
or Hinge kit. 1=$1500 5+=$1250 10+=$950

List of those interested.

1.) Mr-Charisma
2.) Nvr2Low
3.) FTO13-marty
4.) Eltnot
Female Turner On-erer
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

oh sh*t ok then I thought 1050 was the kit ready 2 go. How much work do you need to do to make it work for 1050 bucks. Will their be instructions on how to weld them togther mate. I can get them welded just need instructions.
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

yep instructions with pictures on how to put them together and to install them. There is about 2 days of work to put them together. And will take a day to install.

The kit is the best option for those with welding ability or friends who will do it.

Or those who were thinking about buying a universal kit then getting someone to modify it to fit. With this kit you know it will work and you don't need to redesign the kit so you'll save a lot of time and money.
Female Turner On-erer
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

ok mate so with the 1050 kit.
Will the bit of metal that goes inside the door to hold the hinge. Will this be pre cut and drilled mate. All I will have to do is weld the hinge togther is this correct man. We will also gt the gas struts mate. I just a little explaining mate.
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

yes that part will come the right shape with holes and just needs threads tapped.

all parts will be cut to the right shape and most holes will be there. Everything you need to construct them will come in the kit, including gas struts.
Female Turner On-erer
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Perhaps some pics of what will be provided for each price range might be helpful .. I'm a little bit vague on what you get for each thing as well..
Eltnot
Mechanic

Post by Eltnot »

Ok, kewl, that's making more sense now.
Umm, is there any chance of having a look at the instructions, just so we know what we're in for when fitting these. My old man's a welder so I may go for the 1050 price instead of the 2200.

Thanks for the info so far.
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

ok yeah i'll put something together over the weekend to make it more clear.
Female Turner On-erer
Eltnot
Mechanic

Post by Eltnot »

umm wrote:ok yeah i'll put something together over the weekend to make it more clear.
Thanks mate, really appreciate it.
Also, I remember you said you had issues with the stock indicators being too large. Does this kit come with the replacement indicators, or is that something we will need to purchase separately? If so, any suggestions on where we can get suitable replacements from?

Cheers.
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

Still working on the indicators. i'll get back to you about that when i sort them out.
Female Turner On-erer
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

Heres what will come in the kit to build the hinges.

And Heres the completed Hinges.

Female Turner On-erer