Lambo door Conversion....YOU WANT IT? Now $950 for 10 buyers

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mr-charisma
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by mr-charisma »

do these have some sort of hydraulic arm on them or is it just the hinge?

Also, have you been able to figure out any ways to make them lift automatically? i.e. at the push of a button they pop out & lift..
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

mr-charisma wrote:do these have some sort of hydraulic arm on them or is it just the hinge?..
yes they do have a hydrulic lifter
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

Yeah they use gas struts to counter the weight of the doors like the gas struts for the boot lid.

I looked into making them automatic but i think its gonna cause more problems than its worth. imagine your door opening unexpectedly going down the highway or something.

I'd rather keep things simple so there are less things to go wrong.
Female Turner On-erer
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

umm wrote:Yeah they use gas struts to counter the weight of the doors like the gas struts for the boot lid.

I looked into making them automatic but i think its gonna cause more problems than its worth. imagine your door opening unexpectedly going down the highway or something.

Is it the type the goes from the hinge into the front fender? Or from the hinge up into the door?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

mr-charisma wrote:
umm wrote:Yeah they use gas struts to counter the weight of the doors like the gas struts for the boot lid.

Is it the type the goes from the hinge into the front fender? Or from the hinge up into the door?
I havent seen his dsign but if its anything like my old it will be from one side of the hinge to to the side of the hinge
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

yeah like what simon said...i think. it goes from the part of the hinge that is mounted to the car to the part that is mounted to the door. It always stays hidden behind the fender so you never see them.
Female Turner On-erer
Eltnot
Mechanic

Post by Eltnot »

Eltnot wrote:1. Eltnot
Am I the only one still interested in these?
eddiii
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eddiii »

i would be interested, so how much would it cost all together? lol 2.8k is a lot. :(
Eltnot
Mechanic

Post by Eltnot »

eddiii wrote:i would be interested, so how much would it cost all together? lol 2.8k is a lot. :(
It is, but if there's ten people looking to buy, the price is expected to be $2200 which is a fair discount. Especially when you consider it's around $3000 for any other pair, that's good value. Your only other cost would be getting it certified which I can't imagine would cost too much.
fto13-marty
Apprentice

Post by fto13-marty »

Im interested but have been looking around and seen this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LAMBO-STYLE-VERT ... tsupported

Why is this one much cheaper, yeah i know your one is custom made to fit fto but a universal one shoulld fit as well.
eddiii
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eddiii »

Eltnot wrote:
eddiii wrote:i would be interested, so how much would it cost all together? lol 2.8k is a lot. :(
It is, but if there's ten people looking to buy, the price is expected to be $2200 which is a fair discount. Especially when you consider it's around $3000 for any other pair, that's good value. Your only other cost would be getting it certified which I can't imagine would cost too much.
say its 2.2k, but then i would need to pay for the fitment, unless someone in the club wanna do it for me ^^ i dont really want to do it myself and fuk up the linement.
Eltnot
Mechanic

Post by Eltnot »

Well I'm still keen.
My old car has finally been sold now, freeing my cash flow back up.

Umm, I'll be looking at getting these shortly after I get my tax return back.
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

How many people would be interested in a kit to make the lambo hinges for $1500 and going down to $950 for 10 buyers.

The kit would include everything you need to make the hinges.
All Laser cut parts
All bolts
Bearings
Wire covers
Steel rod
Gas struts
And complete instructions to assemble and install them.

To finish them you’d need to drill and tap all the holes, grind a few parts, weld them together and there is a little bit of machining to be done(if the machining is a problem for people i can provide already machined parts for an extra $100).

I feel this would be a good deal for those people with welding skills or friends who will do cheap or free labour.

Don’t even bother with those universal kits. I guarantee you won’t get them to work and you’ll end up designing a totally new hinge to get them to work. My kit goes to the limits of the available space and uses the largest gas strut that fits behind the panel with more pressure than normal to lift the heavy FTO doors.
Last edited by umm on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Female Turner On-erer
fto13-marty
Apprentice

Post by fto13-marty »

I'm possibly interested just got to make sure i can scrape some cash up.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I'm down for a set .. maybe even 2 if it helps bring it up to 10 sets..
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

mate I would be very intrested at 950 a set now mate. Comon guys.
fto13-marty
Apprentice

Post by fto13-marty »

If it gets to ten im down at that price, would like to see one in person before i buy if i could though to double check it. :P
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

1.) Mr-Charisma
2.) Nvr2Low
3.) FTO13-marty
4.) Eltnot
Eltnot
Mechanic

Post by Eltnot »

Umm, if I bring my car down for a weekend and pay you extra, would you be happy to fit them? If not, I'll get a set and bribe someone here in Rocky, but I'd prefer you since you know exactly what you're doing.

If it goes down to $950, I'll pay now and don't need to wait until the new financial year :D
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

Yeah i can help you out with it.

But just to be clear.

The lower price is for an incomplete set of hinges. You have to construct them yourself or get a friend or hire someone. So you or they will need to have a welder, angle grinder, drill(preferably a drill press) and thread taps. And a lathe and a mill if you don't want to pay $100 for pre machined parts.
Female Turner On-erer