Warning: Track racing is addictive =)

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

MADFTO
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Warning: Track racing is addictive =)

Post by MADFTO »

I did a track day (8am - 4pm) at Sandown on Saturday with Murcott Driving School, all I know is, it's bloody addictive =) ( well so long as you don't crash into a fence which I friend of mine did =/)

Best timed lap I pulled was a 1:38 something (I think it was a .7, don't know til I get my evaluation sheet in the mail), mind you, was humbled by Evolution-R S15 . . . damn, it pulled a 1:27.something
=)

Anyways, for people who can't get a front wheel drive to over steer, just get out on a track =)

I've got a vid someone standing from pit lane, but I've gotta slice it up. Well at least try to =)

Anyways, spectatular highlight, during the first super sprint race (We had two of them), was on a NA supra tail through a sweep downhill bend, and he lost it right in front of me . . . =) Haven't seen that much white smoke before.

Anyways, is the club still going ahead with Track stuff??? I know there is an inherant danger with race tracks but so long as your not stupid, it's pretty safe doing it in an FTO (well with at least the FWD thing =) )
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

eheheheh i've also did my driving courses with Murcott at Sandown, but it was with my Beetle, well i was against WRX & STI, so no chance :cry:

No time was taken as it was just a driving course.

Like you said Eric, its so bloody addictive, & even more fun when you see a bright yellow beetle killing those "so call" race machines haahahahaha
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

sounds awesome... how much does it cost? do you need a CAMS licence?
MADFTO
Mechanic

Post by MADFTO »

Sorry for the late reply, haven't been able to reach the site for a few days =P

Anyways, all info is at www.murcott.com.au and you don't need a CAMS license =)
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i think this course will be very beneficial for those who are serious about their driving skills. I can see there is a lot to be gained from this course. if anybody is keen to have a go, let me know so i can try and organise something.

Eric, did you have to do the Defensive Drivig Program Level 1 course first before you took the high Performance/Motorsport course?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

You need to do mininum Level 1 before you can do any other course. Unless you can proof you already similar course somewhere else.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i don't suppose any of you are interested in attending one of the off-street drags at Calder Park sometime in the next week or so? I'm curious to see what my baseline performane figures are in its current trim (before the turbo goes in). :wink: