96 Silver Mivec GPX

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please post:
* Pictures of your car
* Car Spec's
* Price
* Your State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

MIVEC_GPX
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

96 Silver Mivec GPX

Post by MIVEC_GPX »

Hey Guys... im thinking about selling my FTO. It is a manual silver 96 model GPX. Its very clean, 114000 kms, major service done with a bucketload changed to original mitsubishi parts, 4 new tyres (october '08), exhaust, stereo, immobilizer and alarm.

How much could i sell this for??
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

I've seen those done here for anywhere between 10-14k...
MIVEC_GPX
Grease Monkey

Post by MIVEC_GPX »

so if i asked for 13 and settled for 12000 or 12500 that wouldnt be asking too much would it??
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

depending on the condition, i would ask for more... but if its anything like mine.. well, i got mine for 8k, lets leave it at that. check out sites like www.drive.com.au, www.carsales.com.au, www.cars.com.au, www.tradingpost.com.au.

Research what other people are selling there's for. it'll give you a good idea as to what would be a reasonable asking price for yours.
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

um, how much did you pay for it, how long ago. and how much have you spent on it, and how old are all of the things you've added. think of these things too...
MIVEC_GPX
Grease Monkey

Post by MIVEC_GPX »

i bought it off my bro so i got it for cheap but her bought it for 15000 i think... ive spent close to 6000 on it... the things i changed are probably not even a year old
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

why dont you try for that then?

put it this way, if it doesnt sell at that price, then you can always drop it slowly. its a lot harder to go the other way around...
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

Youre not being realistic with 13000 IMO. Im not having a dig at you but to put it in perspective I started off with 14000 when I was wanting to sell my car. At that time it had half the kms or yours and quite a lot more mods. I realised 14000 was too high and dropped it to 12500. Then I took it off for sale.

Bottom line is someone will pay what they think the car is worth. At 13000 there are a lot of other faster cars out there so a fully licensed person wont buy an FTO unless they're an enthusiast and understand what theyre getting. The other option really are the platers, and no p plater will pay that amount of money for something that is apparently "slow." Have alook at carsales (whihc I dont think helps too much, some of the FTOs are way overpriced for what they are) and choose a nice price.

I can understand that having spent lots of money on the car you want to get some of it back but unfortunely we dont see that with modifying cars. If you really want to get the most back for it take it back to stock and sell parts seperately.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
###########Unofficially the loudest FTO in NSW???##########
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%