My New Soundsystem and AMP

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Bennoz »

Yes... in-car fires are most unsettling :| Especially when you're uninsured!
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

jay6 wrote:dude that amp is a whalenormous!
lol yeah it is big i was shocked on how big it was when a got it at the sound system shop
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

vipfto wrote:
nvr2low wrote:just buy another fuse holder and fuse the same size as the other one and put it near the battery. their is nutting wrong with 2 fuses
exactly^^ sure i already said that :roll:
Jamie wrote:
nvr2low wrote:so the cable between the battery and fuse doesnt burn and start a fire man. that is why you have the smallest amount of cable until the fuse mate. Less cable to burn if their is a problem.
trust me i am a electrician
:facepalm: I agree that it is best to have the fuse as near as practical to the battery but your reasoning is a bit far fetched. The main reason is because in the event of the fuse blowing you are left with a much shorter length of cable that is still 'live' rather than a longer length runing through the car. Has nothing to do with cables burning. That should never happen unless you miscalculated your conductor or the fuse size. The main purpose of that fuse should be to protect the cable.

That issue a side good work on the install. The picture of the finished boot install looks tops ;)
aza013 wrote:Just ask Ben about not having one at the battery :?
bennoz wrote:Yes... in-car fires are most unsettling :| Especially when you're uninsured!
Hi club
ok thanks for your info.
on the weekend i brought a circuit breaker and im going to put that into the engine bay next to the battery, so im going to have a fuse behind the back seat and also a circuit breaker next to the battery.