Air Filter

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Valandis91
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Valandis91 »

ahh not sure about that haha someone else mite be able to shed some light on this?
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

Valandis91 wrote:ahh not sure about that haha someone else mite be able to shed some light on this?
ok kool
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Here's the UAS kit.

Here's the ARC.

To my way of thinking, the flow from the UAS one is gonna be a whole lot better than the ARC. They have 1 left in stock & its black.
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

from the way it looks, the arc would create some pretty turbulent airflow. would be interesting to see a flow bench comparison
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

I think ARC is more of a brand thing and all those welding cost money.labour. I would go for the UAS pipe as its looks like it provides much smoother flow.

More over the the ARC pipe is metal and it can be freakingly hot, missing the point of a CAI.

my 2 cents.
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

I would say your 2c is right on there mate, but I would love to see a cross section of the ARC. Is there something we are missing? Is that a replacement to "legally" improve air flow but lower induction noise? That is a damn big rectangular chamber for it to just b hollow...

:hmm: :scratch:
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

FTEvolution wrote:I would say your 2c is right on there mate, but I would love to see a cross section of the ARC. Is there something we are missing? Is that a replacement to "legally" improve air flow but lower induction noise? That is a damn big rectangular chamber for it to just b hollow...

CUT IT
CUT IT
CUT IT
:lol:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Sugar
Mechanic

Post by Sugar »

dont use my arc pipe for your picture ben :roll: .. go find your own :P

Sugar.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

SUGAR!!!
Ed_EViL
Grease Monkey

Post by Ed_EViL »

i think the idea behind the arc intake is to expand the gas to release some of the kenetic energy which would have a cooling effect
before hitting the throttle body

or it might just be for better throttle response for the lower revs

:?
Sugar
Mechanic

Post by Sugar »

i can confirm the arc intake "big chamber" is hollow.

cant say if its better than the whale penis (uas)
but it looks nicer,

thank goodness i got rid of that battery.
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

zuihoujueding wrote:I think ARC is more of a brand thing and all those welding cost money.labour. I would go for the UAS pipe as its looks like it provides much smoother flow.

More over the the ARC pipe is metal and it can be freakingly hot, missing the point of a CAI.

my 2 cents.
FTOEvolution wrote:I would say your 2c is right on there mate, but I would love to see a cross section of the ARC. Is there something we are missing? Is that a replacement to "legally" improve air flow but lower induction noise? That is a damn big rectangular chamber for it to just b hollow...

i agree with you but what about the air filter box since that is metal wouldnt that get hot to then?

like this one the K&N Apollo
http://www.modyourcar.com.au/kn-apollo- ... lver-p5171

wouldnt this also get hot and just be sucking in hot air too
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

FTO_GPvR wrote:
zuihoujueding wrote:I think ARC is more of a brand thing and all those welding cost money.labour. I would go for the UAS pipe as its looks like it provides much smoother flow.

my 2 cents.
FTOEvolution wrote:I would say your 2c is right on there mate, but I would love to see a cross section of the ARC. Is there something we are missing? Is that a replacement to "legally" improve air flow but lower induction noise? That is a damn big rectangular chamber for it to just b hollow...

i agree with you but what about the air filter box since that is metal wouldnt that get hot to then?

the answer is yes. But i dont think the outer shell of the apollo is metal. Should be plastic with metallic finish. Correct me if im wrong.
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

zuihoujueding wrote:
FTO_GPvR wrote:

my 2 cents.

the answer is yes. But i dont think the outer shell of the apollo is metal. Should be plastic with metallic finish. Correct me if im wrong.
hey man yeah thanks for the info i also i found that it was plastic too
thanks for your help mate
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

lol

could u get rid of the '9' at the end of mine?

people mistake it for "tipping", its just "tippin"

edit: oops too late, didn't know this section got moved :?
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

LOL about time uze all stopped spamming my threads HAHAHAHA
..JKS

anyways thanks for cleaning it up ben if it was you that cleaned it up :D
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

No probs ;) And Tippin, you're done!