How to register a car in QLD?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

KatieFTO
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

How to register a car in QLD?

Post by KatieFTO »

Hey thinking about moving at the end of this year, if I was to bring my car with me is there any special checks I will need to get done for them to allow me to register it etc? I've heard there is some sort of slip I have to get but I have no idea of the detials? or is there no point even trying to bring it over i've heard that aswell lol any one know?
Thanks
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Im pretty sure it is simple. A lot of NSW, people do it all the time. FTOSam has done it so if he shows his ugly mug around here he will be able to give you more info. In saying that im pretty sure all you have to do is get a safety inspection done which is pretty simple.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

I8A4RE wrote:Im pretty sure it is simple. A lot of NSW, people do it all the time. FTOSam has done it so if he shows his ugly mug around here he will be able to give you more info. In saying that im pretty sure all you have to do is get a safety inspection done which is pretty simple.
ohok cool cheers :) I've just heard it's really hard/ near imposible to get them to say there good enough without finding a million defects but i'm sure it can't be that bad or no one would get threw lol
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I doubt it, QLD is pretty slack. It will be just safety things like making sure brakes work, enough tread on tires etc etc.

This is what i found, so its the same process as registering a unregistered vehicle

CLICKY

Heres some more info
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

I8A4RE wrote:I doubt it, QLD is pretty slack. It will be just safety things like making sure brakes work, enough tread on tires etc etc.

This is what i found, so its the same process as registering a unregistered vehicle

CLICKY

Heres some more info
Excallent,Thankyou :)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

No worries at all ;)
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey simon what about a 6a13ttfto that has just been done and want to register it in qld mate.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Okay... I've done both of these...

1. As simon has said... simple.... simon... lol... Just get a qld mechanic to inspect the vehicle to make sure it is in safe working condition.. Tires are the biggest thing.... also make sure there is no bad rust, etc.. you have 2 months to do so after moving...
Also from NSW, you no longer have to get a pink slip done every year.... no more Road worthy Certs for rego.... WOOO!!!!

2. Registering a heavily modified FTO in bris is a matter of making sure everything is fine as above, however as the output is increased signifcantly, an engineer will require you to upgrade your brakes before signing off on any engine conversion mod plating... especially from another model car.. So make sure the entire thing is 100% to the letter of the law (I.e. plumb back Wastegate etc...)

If you need a list of qld approved engineers, please use the search.. i posted the list a while ago...

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

FtoSam wrote:Okay... I've done both of these...

1. As simon has said... simple.... simon... lol... Just get a qld mechanic to inspect the vehicle to make sure it is in safe working condition.. Tires are the biggest thing.... also make sure there is no bad rust, etc.. you have 2 months to do so after moving...
Also from NSW, you no longer have to get a pink slip done every year.... no more Road worthy Certs for rego.... WOOO!!!!

2. Registering a heavily modified FTO in bris is a matter of making sure everything is fine as above, however as the output is increased signifcantly, an engineer will require you to upgrade your brakes before signing off on any engine conversion mod plating... especially from another model car.. So make sure the entire thing is 100% to the letter of the law (I.e. plumb back Wastegate etc...)

If you need a list of qld approved engineers, please use the search.. i posted the list a while ago...
So as long as I havn't done any engine mods I'm ok and I'll get afull new set of tyres before the move to be on the safe side then just go get it all checked.
Great thankyou so much :)
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

No probs... I moved up here a few years back... best thing i ever did...

Post up a couple of your details in the member section once u get here, and be sure to come on a cruise sometime... (I know i am overdue)

See u in the sunshine state soon...

KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

FtoSam wrote:No probs... I moved up here a few years back... best thing i ever did...

Post up a couple of your details in the member section once you get here, and be sure to come on a cruise sometime... (I know i am overdue)

See you in the sunshine state soon...
Yeah Its amazing up there,espically comapred to adelaide haha won't be till the end of the year if all goes to plan but I'm trying to get orgnaised so I no what I'm up for etc take all the stress out lol

Thanks again!
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Yeh... Where abouts are you moving to up here??? What sort of work r u doing??? Brissy is easy to get a job.. :)

KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

FtoSam wrote:Yeh... Where abouts are you moving to up here??? What sort of work r you doing??? Brissy is easy to get a job.. :)
Near surfers paradise. And I'll still be doing tafe by the time I get there so finishing that off then go from there. should be good i love it up there it's amazing
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

YEh i used to live in surfers.... thats how my car got its first dint....and second third fourth, fifth... etc... fkin drunks...

but its a fun place...

KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

FtoSam wrote:YEh i used to live in surfers.... thats how my car got its first dint....and second third fourth, fifth... etc... fkin drunks...

but its a fun place...
haha hopefully just out of.
please dont scare me haha
if anything happens to my baby I'll be straight back on the plane lol
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

yeh... u need 2 things....
1 - Alarm (field sensing is awesome too)
2- garage....

i had neither in my first place i lived at... scored a heap of dints, etc....

Next place i'd fitted the car with an alarm and had a car port... never recieved a single one (Was at broadbeach)

KatieFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by KatieFTO »

FtoSam wrote:yeh... you need 2 things....
1 - Alarm (field sensing is awesome too)
2- garage....

i had neither in my first place i lived at... scored a heap of dints, etc....

Next place i'd fitted the car with an alarm and had a car port... never recieved a single one (Was at broadbeach)
already alarmed and 99.99 percent chance itll be garaged or in a gated set of houses so it sould be ok lol