EVO VIII MR FQ-400 4G63 or Galant VR-4 6A13

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO_GPvR
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

EVO VIII MR FQ-400 4G63 or Galant VR-4 6A13

Post by FTO_GPvR »

Hi club
I was just wondering what would be a better engine transplant to do a Galant VR-4 6A13 or EVO VIII MR FQ-400 4G63 isnt this just the same as an normal evo engine? its still a 4G63 but its the FQ version :lol:
In your opinon what engine would be better and give you more KW when you put it into your FTO?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Well lets see where this thread goes lol

My opinion is 4g63 and the only reason i base that is the amount of aftermarket suppport for the 4g series engine compared to the 6a13. I also believe it "MAY" be an easier conversion due to the lack of space with the 6a13 but thats just an educated guess. Both will provide challengers im sure.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

Got a big account balance? The FQ, would make one hell of a weapon

If not, the 6A13 (tried and tested)
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

I8A4RE wrote:Well lets see where this thread goes lol

My opinion is 4g63 and the only reason i base that is the amount of aftermarket suppport for the 4g series engine compared to the 6a13. I also believe it "MAY" be an easier conversion due to the lack of space with the 6a13 but thats just an educated guess. Both will provide challengers im sure.
lol where do you reckon this thread will go haha
ok kool thanks for the info mate yeah the 4g63 has more aftermarket performance parts
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

FTEvolution wrote:Got a big account balance? The FQ, would make one hell of a weapon

lol i dunno it depends on how much its going to cost to put the 4G63 FQ engine in? how much do you people reckon it would cost all up? give me the figures lol
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

has anyone before put a 4G63 engine in an FTO? if so who has?
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

There's a guy selling an fto with an evo7 4g63. Perhaps he might help you. The engine transplant has been done before a fair few times but I don't think any of them are active members. I know for a fact there's a green one floating around as well but have never been able to see more details.

p.s. the evo fto is in the for sales section, just look around
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

yano28 wrote:There's a guy selling an fto with an evo7 4g63. Perhaps he might help you. The engine transplant has been done before a fair few times but I don't think any of them are active members. I know for a fact there's a green one floating around as well but have never been able to see more details.

p.s. the evo fto is in the for sales section, just look around
ok yeah i had a look at it. thanks for the info
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

FTO_GPvR wrote:
FTEvolution wrote:Got a big account balance? The FQ, would make one hell of a weapon

lol i dunno it depends on how much its going to cost to put the 4G63 FQ engine in? how much do you people reckon it would cost all up? give me the figures lol
It's not so much how much it costs to put the engine in, it's more to do with the cost of the front cut. The FQ Evo 8 is the ducks nuts of that model isn't it? The 400 hp one if I am not mistaken?

Unless you have sourced one very cheap (which I would be very wary of) in isn't going to be a cheap item to acquire...
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah the FQ400 has est. 404hp (302kw)
The FQ360 was then released which had less hp (354hp/264kw) but 11nm more of torque @3500rpm. But thats all uk specs.

As an evo conversion i would be looking at evo 5 or 6, way cheaper and very reliable.

Evo 1-3 WONT FIT
Evo 4 Suffers from crank walk (i wouldnt touch one if you paid me, just do a google on it)
Evo 5 Great
Evo 6 Perfect
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

I8A4RE wrote:Yeah the FQ400 has est. 404hp (302kw)
The FQ360 was then released which had less hp (354hp/264kw) but 11nm more of torque @3500rpm. But thats all uk specs.

As an evo conversion i would be looking at evo 5 or 6, way cheaper and very reliable.

Evo 1-3 WONT FIT
Evo 4 Suffers from crank walk (i wouldnt touch one if you paid me, just do a google on it)
Evo 5 Great
Evo 6 Perfect
what about the EVO 8 FQ400 would it fit into a FTO?
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

FTEvolution wrote:
FTO_GPvR wrote:

It's not so much how much it costs to put the engine in, it's more to do with the cost of the front cut. The FQ Evo 8 is the ducks nuts of that model isn't it? The 400 hp one if I am not mistaken?

Unless you have sourced one very cheap (which I would be very wary of) in isn't going to be a cheap item to acquire...
what is ducks nuts what do you mean by that sorry
MR2YEN
Grease Monkey

Post by MR2YEN »

FTO_GPvR wrote:
FTEvolution wrote:
FTO_GPvR wrote:

think he means its a rare commodity.
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

MR2YEN wrote:
FTO_GPvR wrote:
FTEvolution wrote:
FTO_GPvR wrote:

think he means its a rare commodity.
oh ok thanks
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

"The ducks nuts" means the best you can get.

If it is rare, I would say "like hens teeth" which they are, at least in this hemisphere

If it is dry, I would say "dry as a nuns c***"

Smooth and sleepy

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

FTO_GPvR wrote:

Evo 1-3 WONT FIT
Evo 5 Great
Evo 6 Perfect
Absolutly, problem is very very expensive but hey if you know where to get one cheap or you just dont mind paying that much, then go for it.
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

FTEvolution wrote:"The ducks nuts" means the best you can get.

If it is rare, I would say "like hens teeth" which they are, at least in this hemisphere

If it is dry, I would say "dry as a nuns c***"
ok thanks for your info :D yeah the FQ is powerful
FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

I8A4RE wrote:
FTO_GPvR wrote:

Evo 1-3 WONT FIT
Evo 5 Great
Evo 6 Perfect
Absolutly, problem is very very expensive but hey if you know where to get one cheap or you just dont mind paying that much, then go for it.
ok yeah it does cost a lot of cash. theres only 2 ways i can think of getting a FQ400 engine one way is to find one halfcut or the other way is to buy the car but thats gonna cost heaps and then sell the other parts like the body and stuff. im not saying im going to do this conversion but im just thinking about it. if i cant find a halfcut the other way is to get a evo 6 like u said or just buy the evo8 FQ400. and also if i decide to do the FQ conversion it wont be till the future not straight away maybe in 6-7years time or under lol but who knows maybe i might win the lotto haha and also give uze all a fair share of money to haha
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

FTO_GPvR wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:
FTO_GPvR wrote:

Evo 1-3 WONT FIT
Evo 5 Great
Evo 6 Perfect
ok yeah it does cost a lot of cash. theres only 2 ways i can think of getting a FQ400 engine one way is to find one halfcut or the other way is to buy the car but thats gonna cost heaps and then sell the other parts like the body and stuff. im not saying im going to do this conversion but im just thinking about it. if i cant find a halfcut the other way is to get a evo 6 like you said or just buy the evo8 FQ400. and also if i decide to do the FQ conversion it wont be till the future not straight away maybe in 6-7years time or under lol but who knows maybe i might win the lotto haha and also give uze all a fair share of money to haha
Mate, love the FTO as much as I do. But if you were to buy the FQ400 just to transplant the driveline into an FTO, I would bitch slap you in an instant if I ever met you :)

(no offense, do what you want of course, but I think this isn't a good idea)

If you can find a half cut or a whole wreck then game on, just don't do it to a mint one!

The FQ400 is arguably the best car that has been sanctioned for realease by Mitsubishi (as in modified before sale) in the world. The dynamics, the suspension, the drivetrain... everything is perfect.

You would never come close to that in an FTO, neither would you ever increase the value of the FTO by doing it. They are a rare car, if you can find and import one, keep it standard and mint. Will be a collectors item one day!

Also, to finish off, for about the price of the FQ half cut alone (if you can fine one) you could have an Evo 6 engine with mods for 300+ wkw

IMO, the only way to do an Evo conversion (actually, Makkinen (sp?) 6.5 engine and drivetrain) <drooooool>

Smooth and sleepy

FTO_GPvR
Mechanic

Post by FTO_GPvR »

FTEvolution wrote:
FTO_GPvR wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:
FTO_GPvR wrote:

Evo 1-3 WONT FIT
Evo 5 Great
Evo 6 Perfect
ok yeah it does cost a lot of cash. theres only 2 ways i can think of getting a FQ400 engine one way is to find one halfcut or the other way is to buy the car but thats gonna cost heaps and then sell the other parts like the body and stuff. im not saying im going to do this conversion but im just thinking about it. if i cant find a halfcut the other way is to get a evo 6 like you said or just buy the evo8 FQ400. and also if i decide to do the FQ conversion it wont be till the future not straight away maybe in 6-7years time or under lol but who knows maybe i might win the lotto haha and also give uze all a fair share of money to haha
Mate, love the FTO as much as I do. But if you were to buy the FQ400 just to transplant the driveline into an FTO, I would bitch slap you in an instant if I ever met you :)

(no offense, do what you want of course, but I think this isn't a good idea)

If you can find a half cut or a whole wreck then game on, just don't do it to a mint one!

The FQ400 is arguably the best car that has been sanctioned for realease by Mitsubishi (as in modified before sale) in the world. The dynamics, the suspension, the drivetrain... everything is perfect.

You would never come close to that in an FTO, neither would you ever increase the value of the FTO by doing it. They are a rare car, if you can find and import one, keep it standard and mint. Will be a collectors item one day!

Also, to finish off, for about the price of the FQ half cut alone (if you can fine one) you could have an Evo 6 engine with mods for 300+ wkw

IMO, the only way to do an Evo conversion (actually, Makkinen (sp?) 6.5 engine and drivetrain) <drooooool>
lol dont bitch slap me hahahaha nah i see your point of view which is true btw. i said i was thinking about it i didnt say i was going to do it for 100% and oh and i just was going to do a engine conversion not make it a AWD btw. hmm i think ill go with the evo6 conversion not because your saying to go with it but what the club and u r saying would cost lot less and it would be easier to locate a evo6 engine i wont have the really hard trouble in trying to find a evo8 FQ. yeah the FQ400 is a fantastic car its awesome and its perfect from how it came out of the factory. i wont be doing it to such a rare car, only about 100 were built im pretty sure.
this is why i asked uze all to see what u were going to say so i can get all of your opinions and point of view without u i wouldnt know what to do. if i do go along with the engine conversion it would be a evo6 because it would be perfect for the fto and u would also get really good power out of it to and i wont make it a AWD i will just change the mivec engine to a evo6 engine like uze said keep in mind if i go ahead with it, it would be in the near future.

anyways thanks club for your info and helping out :D