Mazda3 MPS

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

zuihoujueding
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Mazda3 MPS

Post by zuihoujueding »

What are your thoughts on the new Mazda3 MPS?
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

A Mazda3/6 will never be a sports car despite what they say in their ads, I refuse to accept it!

I've never liked been a fan of mazda 3s, although I must say the Maza 6's have awesome tail lights, I can never stop staring at them.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

ive driven one and they are quick!
but still not a fan of the looks but thats just me
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

New one looks fugly... i LOVED the looks of the old one. Just subtly aggressive enough yet still easy to make it sleeper. Incidentally, i used to have one.. one of the first things i did was remove the MPS badge :twisted:

Quick from a roll, not quick from a start. And boring in corners. This is reflected in almost every journo etc review of them.. "point and shoot".

I must say, it was fun shocking sti's and v8s though.
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

sublime19 wrote:A Mazda3/6 will never be a sports car despite what they say in their ads, I refuse to accept it!

I've never liked been a fan of mazda 3s, although I must say the Maza 6's have awesome tail lights, I can never stop staring at them.
Mazda 3/6 MPS not a sports car???
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

payaya wrote:
sublime19 wrote:A Mazda3/6 will never be a sports car despite what they say in their ads, I refuse to accept it!

Mazda 3/6 MPS not a sports car???
Hells No!

Wikipedia's definition of a sports car;
"A sports car is a term used to describe a class of automobile, typically of two seats and two doors, with precise handling, brisk acceleration, sharp braking, and attractive aesthetics. A sports car makes trade offs in practical considerations such as passenger space, comfort, and cargo capacity in favor of those traits which enhance the joy of driving it."
it may be quicker than the standard Mazda 3 (and a lot of other cars out there), but it is still a Family Hatchback & will never be more than that.. it just doesn't have the pedigree of a sports car.. even when they do put a turbo under the hood..

But I would recommend a Mazda 3 / 6 to someone if they were buying a brand new car & just wanted a normal run of the mill - Point A > B car..
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

pfff I say sports still :P
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

payaya wrote:pfff I say sports still :P
See, i don't get that (unless you own one)

They look like a miniaturised /squashed Four Wheel Drive;

They look almost identical!
8O
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

So is a EVO a sports car? Its basically a lancer lsnt it?
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

Hahaha....

anyway, given the price of the mazda3 mps the same as the wrx. No doubt i'll buy a wrx.
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

payaya wrote:So is a EVO a sports car? Its basically a lancer lsnt it?
Before the lancer we know of the late eighties and ninties, there was the gsr coupe it put mitsubishi on the map for its rallying achievements (there is a muesum in japan with all the legendary lancers/gsr of the past). This then continued onto the evo of today. The evo has the pedigree of a sports car. It comes from a long line of modified coupes and then four door lancers.

Here is the Galant FTO (yes an early RWD fto which our ftos were later named after):

[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

koolio1234 wrote:
payaya wrote:So is a EVO a sports car? Its basically a lancer lsnt it?
Before the lancer we know of the late eighties and ninties, there was the gsr coupe it put mitsubishi on the map for its rallying achievements (there is a muesum in japan with all the legendary lancers/gsr of the past). This then continued onto the evo of today. The evo has the pedigree of a sports car. It comes from a long line of modified coupes and then four door lancers.

Here is the Galant FTO (yes an early RWD fto which our ftos were later named after):

Yes, the Galant FTO is sex on wheels, I would love to add one to my garage at some point. Me thinks I need to be a millionaire first though

:facepalm:

You have any links for that museum you are talking about? I am heading to Japan next year and would love to add that to my itinery :)
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
Oliver89
Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

Not so good looking front end
:roll:

Sorry Mazda 3 MPS but i don't like the look of you.. lol :P
Proud Owner Of a White ( Version R ) Aero Series 1998 Mitsubishi FTO 24v 2L Mivec Engine. Fresh Import.
[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2568/fbsig.jpg[/img]
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

I do like the MPs. It looks better than many other hot hatches out on the market. I would get one only if the price range is not the range as the wrx. what a shame
Oliver89
Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

zuihoujueding wrote:I would get one only if the price range is not the range as the wrx. what a shame
Yeah i agree , but that is who they compete against & they are doing quite well and strong in the market.
Proud Owner Of a White ( Version R ) Aero Series 1998 Mitsubishi FTO 24v 2L Mivec Engine. Fresh Import.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

zuihoujueding wrote:I do like the MPs. It looks better than many other hot hatches out on the market. I would get one only if the price range is not the range as the wrx. what a shame
I like them .. I just don't think they can be called sports cars, or sports hatch or whatever..
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

fair enough. lets call it a small family hatchback with a 191kw/380Nm 2.3L Turbo+LSD LSD then. :D
Oliver89
Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

zuihoujueding wrote:fair enough. lets call it a small family hatchback with a 191kw/380Nm 2.3L Turbo+LSD LSD then. :D
:thumleft: :lol: :lol: Yeah that settles things