Electric water pump

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

zuihoujueding
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Electric water pump

Post by zuihoujueding »

Has anyone installed this product? Review please.

http://www.daviescraig.com.au/Default.aspx
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

OooOOooh, electric water pump...

Can't say I know anyone that has, biggest problem you face is trying to fabricate something that will take the existing water pumps place - as it forms part of the timing belt circuit.

I have Davies Craig thermo fans in my car & they are a pretty good product :)
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

basically the electric water pump is installed along side with the radiator, so the existing waterpump is to be either replaced by a free-roller or use a shorter timing belt.

Price is not at all expensive. However have to consider the cost of restalling the timing belt. People who are about to do a major service can consider adding this mod in.

Just wondering have anyone tried them?

wow, so hows the performance on the fans? how is that better than stock?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

:roll: Whats the point? The amount of effort time and money vs the absolute tiny performance gain would be a total waste
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

True, but I think if you combined it with all the other crank drag items it would certainly help..

Say you pissed of the A/C pump (which inturn would let you pull 20kgs worth of other AC ancillaries out) then also went with an electric PS pump & to top it off threw a lightened flywheel on, you'd have a real motor bike style reving unit...

Don't forget, its not just drag on the crank during acceleration, the crank drag is also endured during decceleration.

You'd have f**k all chance of ever towing a boat up a hill, but hey, with every mod upside, there's a downside. Just depends on how relevant that downside is to you.
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

I8A4RE wrote::roll: Whats the point? The amount of effort time and money vs the absolute tiny performance gain would be a total waste
the point is any NA goers will know performance gain is hard to come by so this can be another area which they can improve on. Not to mention other areas like better cooling properties and fuel efficiencies.

For sure this technology sounds much better than electric superchargers :D