FTO GPX Fuel not feeding car stagnent

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Saltiga
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO GPX Fuel not feeding car stagnent

Post by Saltiga »

Guys, my FTO been sitting in the front lawn for atleast 12 months. Fuel would have evaporated by now! I just flush and change coolant and did the oil and filter. Put in 10 litres of fresh fuel. and even gave it a kick start with "start the bastard". The "bastard" refuce to start. Sparks are working, as it combust using the "Start the bastard" straight in the air filter. But clearly the fuel is not feeding through.

Suggestion please.

ps, vehicle was running perfect before it decided to hibernate for the next 12 months.
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

FTO untouched for 12months....OMG.... 8O
People please help....I would change EVERY fluid in the car if i were you. Not to mention usting in the fuel tank.
Saltiga

Post by Saltiga »

Yes, i have changed most of the fluid accept for transmision/ breaks and ofcourse the fuel thanks which is a big job. Trying to do as much as i can myself and only take it in to the mechanics if need be.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

fuel pump or filter would be where id start looking
check if pump getting power and error codes
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

vipfto wrote:fuel pump or filter would be where id start looking
check if pump getting power and error codes
+1

I'd look into the fuel pump.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

The easiest way to check the pump is to pull the fuel line off the regulator & turn the motor over. If its working you'll get a face full of fuel.
Saltiga

Post by Saltiga »

Benzo, i was told the fuel filter has a bolt, if i undo the bolt fuel shoudl gush out. Problem is even after half a tin of wd40 , can't undo the bolt!

Thanks ALL for the advice, i don't think i'll meddle with the fuel pump, Any good mechanics experience with FTO in WA?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

You should not undo the fuel filter/lines with out first releasing the pressure.

Do this by removing either the fuel pump relay or disconnecting the fuel pump.

As for the bolt you need 2 spanners. One on the filter and one on the line, should come undone doing it this way
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...