Advice on a particular FTO

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

trawt
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Advice on a particular FTO

Post by trawt »

Hi,
Just wondering what you all think of this FTO in terms of the person's asking price:
http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automotiv ... sult=false

Thanks ;]
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

looks like an absolute bargin for 59,000km
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

59,000km on a 14 year old car sounds a little bit dodgy... If you are going to have a look at it check for wear and tear on the steering wheel and seats. If they are genuine kms then snap it up :D
LED ALL the things.
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

Supplanter wrote:59,000km on a 14 year old car sounds a little bit dodgy... If you are going to have a look at it check for wear and tear on the steering wheel and seats. If they are genuine kms then snap it up :D
Uncommon, but not unheard of. Do you know the ownership history? I don't know what yours is called, but our land transport safety authority allows you to go in and pay something like $30 and see the history of a vehicle.

Well worth doing a check :)

EDIT:

Actually, we have this site too (below) where you can put in a registration number and can get mileage history between WOF's etc. Then you have the option of seeing if there is money owing etc etc and all sorts of other important facts by paying a fee. Of course, it is only in New Zealand, but may be something similar in Aus...

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=bua891&search=Check

The car listed there is my car. As you can see, tells you if the odometer has gone backwards (as mine had whent eh engine was swapped, god knows how that worked though haha) and that it hasn't been registered since October 2007 (MY BAD :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ) HAHA

Also has an estimated value too (based on previous auctions, nothing takes into account modifications and engine swaps etc)

EDIT 2:

Also, it gives you an estimation of how many k's should be on the clock now (inaccurate in my case) but could be useful to cross reference against how many owners the car has had

What I am getting at is that there are a few little tricks you can find to even up the fight when looking for a car :):):)
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

59,000km does sound suspiciously low for a 14yr old car BUT as we've established numerous times, it will depend entirely on the histroy of that particular car, as it may have spent all its life in storage/garaged. Do a revs check or your states equivalent.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

never know... the new "SNOOOR" fto was practically brand new when kaz bought it. so if its true km's snap that up real quick
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah ^^ Was a 94 with 19,000kms. Score.