BLUE cf surround (updated)

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

eddiii
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

BLUE cf surround (updated)

Post by eddiii »

Just got it today before i left to work and its sitting in my car now, i sjall post up some pics when i can. Cant wait to fit it on, but a few problems, has anyone fitted them on before? since they dont have anything holding it down except the top two little thing to go in the surround theres no more clips to hold it down, how should i hold it down and with what? and how should i stable the gear leather to the stereo surround?

Last edited by eddiii on Fri May 22, 2009 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

hmm thats weird, i always assumed they had clips as well ...

maybe contact topstage?
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Nup no clips. Thats the lim itation. You just press them into place and hope they stay there
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    eddiii
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by eddiii »

How about to secure the boot leather? any idea how to secure it, since it doesnt have the holes for the screws?
    eddiii
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by eddiii »

I have fitted it on and pics are up on the 1st post ^^
    nvr2low
    Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

now eddi mate u gotta tell me how u did this so i can do mine please buddy
    Tippin
    Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

hmm, got any pics from further way?

i think u need some other bits of blue cf to contrast with the rest of the interior, maybe a different gear boot as well would look good

looks good though :D does it sit there ok?
    eddiii
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by eddiii »

i really didnt do anything, i didnt even secure the leather boot, it just secure itself if your surround fits properly, and as for the cigarette lighter i dont think u need explain to it do u? The only main thing i did was putting strong double side tape on the bottom and left and right side to make the bottom half of the console stay on. Thats about it. ^^ feel free to ask me more questions.
    eddiii
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by eddiii »

Tippin wrote:hmm, got any pics from further way?

i think you need some other bits of blue cf to contrast with the rest of the interior, maybe a different gear boot as well would look good

looks good though :D does it sit there ok?
    Im thinking of painting some part of the interior to blue, maybe not cf blue but just gloss blue. like the door handles, the left and right side vent thingy, the speaker grill. Or i heard theres a place u can bring parts there and dip it in to cf liquid? Is that true?
    J
    Oldtimer

Post by J »

hey thats looks preety good. i might get a normal cf one though
    eddiii
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by eddiii »

thanks jay, i was thinking about the normal cf too, but its too normal, so i got blue, since blue white is my car colour. ^^
    martyjer
    Apprentice

Post by martyjer »

Ya man that looks good, especially with the blue interior lights. Excellent job. Good smooth finish on the cf too, especially around the radio, thats a pain to do!

If you are doing the door handle surrounds in cf be aware that due to the lack of tolerance the handle wont sit properly back into the surround. The space between the tip of the handle and the surround is absolutely minimul, and by adding cf and resin to this it makes the buildup too big for the handle to sit in properly. Also if its the dash vents you're doing its a dash out job to refit them I think, I got stuck there too when doing my kevlar interior.
    eddiii
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by eddiii »

What advice can you give me on how to do up my interior to suit the blue cf surround? Just take out the door handles, sand it down then paint blue and gloss finish?
    nvr2low
    Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

I got the one with out the cigaret lighter man. I will have a go when I gt the car bak I don't want it broken.
    eddiii
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by eddiii »

nar they wont break, it seem quite flexible, but it doesnt seem like real cf though lol
    martyjer
    Apprentice

Post by martyjer »

Well, personally whatever is done to the lower centre console I'd continue it on to the upper console too, very tricky mind, I will say that, heres what I did, its not 100% complete yet but havent got the time to finsih it yet to the standard I want as I'm off to NZ next week for a long time.

I think I'll be replacing this with a white console when I come back, along with doing the hood over the gauges, the cup holder, the armrest, the door handle surrounds, the vents, all in white. Theres a hell of a lot more I'll be doing which involves a full interior out job but thats well down the line.
    Usually a general thing is to do all items that seem like they pop out easy enough in the matching colour of the car, cant go wrong then.
    eddiii
    Veteran Mechanic

Post by eddiii »

nicely done, i shall have a think of what i should do ^^
    J
    Oldtimer

Post by J »

eddiii wrote:nicely done, i shall have a think of what i should do ^^
    if you can take it back out, i'd bring it to any paint shop and try to get an paint that matches it. no doubt it will look different with the clear coat and the cf grey tint but theres nothing worse then having multiple shades of blue in the interior IMHO
    mr-charisma
    Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Off topic question .. How does the Manual leather gear boot mount in place? Would I need a special mounting bracket? and does anyone have pics?
    nvr2low
    Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey micheal I got 1 if u you want if I don't have to use it mate. As the new one doesn't have the screw holes for it mate.