What will it take to get people to turn up to cruises/meets?

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

joey12
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by joey12 »

hey guys so events get posted up every now and again, MCA just recently had one. in which i posted on here. As i am currently thinking about planing a cruise - meet with several clubs and forums i put the question to you....

What will it take to get you to participate in events?

and also what do you want to see from people planing events?

if you are simple not interested in these events than thats fine, i understand there not for every one, but as soon as we start getting more numbers than the events will get better and better.

i would love it if every victorian could take some intrest and respond to this thread, as after all it is to make clubs like this better for every one.

just looking for helpfull sujestions.

just out of interest would you guys make the effort if there was 4 large mitsubishi meets a year?

many clubs and forums will be contacted after i have set out the layouts for the events asking that the clubs and forums help support the event as both a Official event or even as a non official event allow us to post it on there forum, more turn outs to events will see more action on the forums and new members to all clubs. this will not be an exercise to take members from other forums instead away to promote all forums and to get people involved in events which im sure sponsors would be happy to see. The plain is to run the meet quarterly so every 3 months. the event will be set out to meet as many of the forums guidlines as possible and will most likly consist of a Cruise and meet with more objectives during the day.

regards joey.
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

Boobs! boobs will get us there...

But seriously, it's usually timing with these things (of course I aint gunna make it). Get the date right, pick a time when everyone is available and not caught up with real life stuff.

Perhaps (when organising it) do a poll on the forum.
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

plenty of notice, not thinking that my car is in jeopardy-- honestly, i didnt turn up to the other one b/c of what gav said n i trust gav as i have met him on one of the other cruises n take his input quite to heart...

n also if other ftos will turn up ill go... i wont go there not knowing anyone as sometimes these are held at night n i dont trust myself enough to go somewhere im not familiar by myself in case something happens.

good?
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

My car desperately needs some TLC (brakes are shot, needs some other things one as well). When she is on the road again I will definitely be interested in going cruising, it's been ages.
LED ALL the things.
yannino
Grease Monkey

Post by yannino »

well firstly it takes a lot of notice before a meet is decided what day.

i happily go to these things but u never no what happens and although this seems abit selfish, one FTO cant go there alone if others are not going to show up. its kind of like a family...who and what am i going to do if im sitting there with EVO's and magna's and such and ive never spoken to them on forums and they wont have the same car so its like talking to other car manufacturers altogether, atleast if antoher FTO goes u have like someone there in a way.

I'll happily go to these things almost every time as long as they are at night and at the end of the week...aka friday saturday sunday. AND if we have plenty of notice

the reason i will hardly ever go is because just as the meet happend last time, gav(silverfish) talked about the precautions going and he himSELF didnt go so why shuld others.

I think what needs to be done is figure out proper days that everyone can make them, then have ATLEAST 3-4-5 FTO's going...and then do it.
Turning heads one person at a time =]
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Ummmm firstly and most importantly get a GOOD HOST to organise the cruise especially if it's a multi-club cruise. All the FTO events are usually fun when they come together as it's a chance for members to greet and actually interact with other members.

Now I'm far from anti-social but whenever I attend a multi-club cruise/event most members stick to their own club hence the others get bored an no longer attend. Perfect examples ar ethe Anglesea Cruise and Fast & Furious meet. The MMC just ended up hanging with MMC members....SAU hung with with other SAU members....300ZX and MR2 clubs did the same thing.....you getting the point yet? Because face it apart from the driving and happy snaps involved in a cruise, once you stop to have lunch and hang out what are you meant to do?
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.