Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X FQ-400

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

zuihoujueding
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by zuihoujueding »

I like the style of X. Seems like the designers finally get their wages and came out aand evo which looks like no other evos.
Same with wrxs. I thought the looks just got mutured, not catered just to young adults anymore. I thought its still a good effort.
But something similar from both cars which has never change. All looks well and funky from the front and you'll feel like puking when you look at the rear. 8O
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I can't even pick out one feature of that car that I like..

Even though the 8th Gen Galants are a boring brick of a car, I still think the headlights /nose of the car looks awesome..

Even some Lancers have at least a few good qualities.. the only reason I can see for why people think Evo's look good is the same reason people think Holdens and Fords do .. they're bogans..
RichardB
Grease Monkey

Post by RichardB »

Oliver89 wrote:
RichardB wrote:the turbo on the fq400 is too laggy,
Bro are you kidding me ???

Like what lag do you GET ? when a car hits 120-130kms/h within 3.8 seconds ??? Please explain :roll:
The garage my car lives at only works on evo's and has several race spec 800+ bhp evo they have built, most of their customers are arround the 500 mark. There are better ways to get 400bhp where the power is a lot more usable. admitadly Im talking more experience of the VIII FQ400 than the X but Im guessing its going to be similar. I would still rather buy a standard one and give the extra £20k to a tuner like www.nr-autosport.com you will have a lot better car.

Read this article from the MLR in the UK who tested one against an FQ340

In in it states....
The low rpm acceleration tests were chosen to test acceleration from just 2500rpm. The FQ-340’s turbo response helped it start accelerating hard almost immediately even in the higher gears and it pulled strongly all the way to the red line in every gear we tested. It was a very different story with the FQ-400, as the lag from the FQ-400’s turbo meant that for every in-gear acceleration test the FQ-340 out accelerated the FQ-400 for almost 2/3rds of the acceleration run. It was only in the last third of each run that FQ-400 out accelerated the FQ-340.
The World's fastest FTO - sub 9's checkout www.mitsubishi-fto.net to see the latest time.

Sponsored by : NR Autosport, RB Performance, PPG Gearboxes, IPG Parts, S1 Chiropractic
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

RichardB wrote:
Oliver89 wrote:

Like what lag do you GET ? when a car hits 120-130kms/h within 3.8 seconds ??? Please explain :roll:
The garage my car lives at only works on evo's and has several race spec 800+ bhp evo they have built, most of their customers are arround the 500 mark. There are better ways to get 400bhp where the power is a lot more usable. admitadly Im talking more experience of the VIII FQ400 than the X but Im guessing its going to be similar. I would still rather buy a standard one and give the extra £20k to a tuner like www.nr-autosport.com you will have a lot better car.

In in it states....
The low rpm acceleration tests were chosen to test acceleration from just 2500rpm. The FQ-340’s turbo response helped it start accelerating hard almost immediately even in the higher gears and it pulled strongly all the way to the red line in every gear we tested. It was a very different story with the FQ-400, as the lag from the FQ-400’s turbo meant that for every in-gear acceleration test the FQ-340 out accelerated the FQ-400 for almost 2/3rds of the acceleration run. It was only in the last third of each run that FQ-400 out accelerated the FQ-340.
I would definitely have to agree with RichardB on the turbo lag of the fq400's. Jeremy clarkson himself tested the fq400 on top gear and found the lag was significant compared with an earlier model evo fq300.

I believe that they later released an anti-lag system consisting of a re-designed intercooler and a few other changes. This reduced a lot of the fq400's lag issues and this system would have probably been passed onto the evo X, not 100% sure though.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

koolio1234 wrote:
RichardB wrote:
Oliver89 wrote:

In in it states....
I would definitely have to agree with RichardB on the turbo lag of the fq400's. Jeremy clarkson himself tested the fq400 on top gear and found the lag was significant compared with an earlier model evo fq300.

I believe that they later released an anti-lag system consisting of a re-designed intercooler and a few other changes. This reduced a lot of the fq400's lag issues and this system would have probably been passed onto the evo X, not 100% sure though.
\\\\

true,, dibn't hety test ir against a can// van or something>
???

f**k i'm pissed... goood times/// good times...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

:lol: ^^
maxleng
Grease Monkey

Post by maxleng »

mr-charisma wrote:I can't even pick out one feature of that car that I like..

Even some Lancers have at least a few good qualities.. the only reason I can see for why people think Evo's look good is the same reason people think Holdens and Fords do .. they're bogans..
FOOL

evo's look 10 times better than fto's imo.

in saying that im only talking about evo 7's and up, anything before was pretty ugly and remind me of riced up lancers with evo kits *vomit* (except evo 3s which are absolute sex)
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

mr-charisma wrote:true,, dibn't hety test ir against a can// van or something>
???

f**k i'm pissed... goood times/// good times...
:lol: drunk typing much?
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Same colour as my Evo III GSR ... :D
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

Personally, FTO looks way better than evo.fto is built as a sports coupe right from the start. Evo is clearly not.
I would still buy an evo, not becos of its looks.
I mean 4-door saloon is almost never as good looking as sports coupes.
Oliver89
Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

RichardB wrote:
Oliver89 wrote:

In in it states....
Interesting man , cool well now i understand =)

Thanks. :)
Proud Owner Of a White ( Version R ) Aero Series 1998 Mitsubishi FTO 24v 2L Mivec Engine. Fresh Import.
[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2568/fbsig.jpg[/img]
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

RichardB wrote:the turbo on the fq400 is too laggy, buy a standard one and spend the extra getting it up to 400 yourself it will be a lot better.
and how laggy is yours?
Oliver89
Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

There was a comment about this topic about Turbo lag made from another website & it stated the following..

The 2.0 L engine when naturally aspirated produces around 160 - 170 hp. With that turbo, it produces 403 hp. I wonder how much turbo lag this one actually has.

Nevertheless, I like the looks of this car.
Proud Owner Of a White ( Version R ) Aero Series 1998 Mitsubishi FTO 24v 2L Mivec Engine. Fresh Import.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

maxleng wrote:
mr-charisma wrote:I can't even pick out one feature of that car that I like..

FOOL

evo's look 10 times better than fto's imo.

in saying that im only talking about evo 7's and up, anything before was pretty ugly and remind me of riced up lancers with evo kits *vomit* (except evo 3s which are absolute sex)
Fool eh? Oh, it's on Oizo!!

hmm.. I don't even know what to say to that .. except to re-iterate the bogan comment :P
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

zuihoujueding wrote: I mean 4-door saloon is almost never as good looking as sports coupes.
I beg to differ .. (granted, it is kitted up a bit)

And it has the power to back up the sophisticated looks.. There are better looking cars, but if I we're talking 4 door performance cars that don't look like milk crates, then this has to be one of the top choices..
Oliver89
Oldtimer

Post by Oliver89 »

That is 1 sexy looking BMW champ :D well done for posting that up! Power & Looks all there for the taking...
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

And a few more;

And, not exactly a 4 door sedan, but I don't really mind the look of this..
Image even with that gaping hole in the front bar..
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

didnt i said 'almost'? haha or maybe should use 'in general' i do agree the bmw looks hot.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

mr-charisma wrote:
zuihoujueding wrote: I mean 4-door saloon is almost never as good looking as sports coupes.
I beg to differ .. (granted, it is kitted up a bit)

And it has the power to back up the sophisticated looks.. There are better looking cars, but if I we're talking 4 door performance cars that don't look like milk crates, then this has to be one of the top choices..
That is the shiznit ...
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Pity its f**ken 'blorange'