feedback on this ICE.

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Rambo
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

feedback on this ICE.

Post by Rambo »

http://www.pioneer.com.au/Products/Car% ... t-ups.aspx

what u think of the bass one ??

i know these are the 08 range but the new 09 looks pretty much the same ,

always been a fan of pioneer.

anyone have any of these set ups in the fot, would the suit fto's, i was talking to a guy at jb hi fi, he said its great ad fto is a coupe and coupe always work well with these type set ups, but then again he is trying to sell me his product so yeah.

any feedbak please help

thanks (:
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

Expensive and you'd get a lot of rattling out of the car. Otherwise it is a great setup.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
Rambo
Grease Monkey

Post by Rambo »

rattling can be fixed i guesss... will the rear speakers fit on the back ?? there 17cm diamter mmm, anyone have 17cm rear speaker sin theres??
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

harry90 wrote:Expensive and you'd get a lot of rattling out of the car. Otherwise it is a great setup.
Some sound deadening will sort the rattles out. Something decent like the Stinger Roadkill series will not only make the speakers sound better, but will absorb a lot of the rattle-causing vibrations.

The prices listed on the Pioneer website are also at RRP (Recomended Retail Price.) I guarantee that you will not pay that much for a lot of these items at most major stores, like WOW, for example. Generally the RRP will be much more expensive then the cost price of an item. Stores generally decide on a price that still meets their desired profit margin for the item while at the same time pricing it competitively. Since these items are from Pioneer's 2008 catalogue, I have no doubt you'll be able to pick up some of them for a good price as stores make way for newer stock.

Anyway, it looks like a decent system, Rambo. Good luck if you do decide to go ahead with it, or something similar.
mz_madz
Grease Monkey

Post by mz_madz »

I have a REALLY good system that puts out a hell of a lot of bass. I have pioneer amps/ subs & a kenwood head unit. Btw, my amps & subs are a few years old.

I wouldn't be listening to anyone at JBHIFI.. they are there to get sales, not to help people.

You don't need to spend more than 1000 to get a good system! Just need someone that can install it & tune it properly!
Cassf88
Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

unrelated-- i hate my kenwood head deck...

my bro wanted to put pioneer system in his mr2 but they said they could do it (which we later found out was bs) so they missed out...
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

mz_madz wrote:I have a REALLY good system that puts out a hell of a lot of bass. I have pioneer amps/ subs & a kenwood head unit. Btw, my amps & subs are a few years old.

I wouldn't be listening to anyone at JBHIFI.. they are there to get sales, not to help people.

You don't need to spend more than 1000 to get a good system! Just need someone that can install it & tune it properly!
Good system for $1000? True in some regards. Very dependant on your definition of what a 'good' system is.

I agree with the statement about JB HIFI... Bastards taking my sales. :P
Rambo
Grease Monkey

Post by Rambo »

so jb hi fi ,a no no ??? even if they match any price 100% they will smash it as they told me haha on any products. anyone got any good feedback on there "ICE" set ups which i could look into (:
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

At the end of the day, if you're getting a good deal, go for it. Where abouts do you live, by the way?
Rambo
Grease Monkey

Post by Rambo »

sweet ill let yo know what hapens with jb hi fi and there smashing of deals lol..., i live in the blue mountains, think im the only fto owner up here (:
people dont know what a fto is up here ....i teach them something new everyday lol.
96_FTO
Apprentice

Post by 96_FTO »

Seems good, can always pick up a good setup for cheap scouring eBay and the likes though. Doesn't have to all be pioneer!
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

wooooww.... guys. taking it too far. i work for jb hifi. and it just depends on each individual staff member as to what service you get. im sure that there would be undesirables at wow too.

any way, i've got a similar setup in my ride, minus the two subs and mono amp, and i really enjoy it. for the moment i've got enough bass as the 6x9s with the boot kinda of imitate a sub. not too well, but well enough.
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Robbie wrote:wooooww.... guys. taking it too far. i work for jb hifi. and it just depends on each individual staff member as to what service you get. im sure that there would be undesirables at wow too.

any way, i've got a similar setup in my ride, minus the two subs and mono amp, and i really enjoy it. for the moment i've got enough bass as the 6x9s with the boot kinda of imitate a sub. not too well, but well enough.
Haha, of course. I actually know the manager of the car audio section of JB Hifi up here and he's not a bad guy. I was just having a dig because... Well, you're the competition. :P
Robbie
Mechanic

Post by Robbie »

Lol.
You guys need to expand. I want a new job, and wow seems like the sorta place i want to work. But your not in sa. Suprisingly, all the car sound guys from th stores iv workd at are some of the best people in the stores.