09 Lancer Ralliart

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

arkoso
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

09 Lancer Ralliart

Post by arkoso »

I want to buy a new car in the sub to high 30K range, with full body and powertrain coverage (Mitsu is good for that), that still has the power of the FTO without having to 'cheat', ie big V8 9.6L engine and such *cough* commonwhore.

I'm thinking the 09 Lancer Ralliart (If I had th emoney to buy an Evo X i would, but I don't...)

Ralliart still seems to be good, only about 30bhp less and 20-30k cheaper depending on where you look.

On the same token I would be giving up the FTO, would probably part with it for $5k but it's negotiable (needs a little cosmetic work but the engine is flawless).

Anybody got any thoughts? :)
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

does it have to be new?
I personally drove the ralliart and didnt really enjoy it... it only comes in tiptronic and I just found the inside cheap looking. If I was going to get something similar... I would get an older EVO personally... or for similar price bracket, albeit second hand... I would get a VW R32...
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7505/picture010sn8.jpg
arkoso
Grease Monkey

Post by arkoso »

I drove a VW32 not too long ago, was pretty fun i have to say, better than I imagined it anyways. Not sure if I'm sold on buying a hatch though haha.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

arkoso wrote:I drove a VW32 not too long ago, was pretty fun i have to say, better than I imagined it anyways. Not sure if I'm sold on buying a hatch though haha.
fair enough - i love em... four doors, so praciticality of a larger car, but smaller and easier to park and get around in. boot is normally larger then a family car as well.
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7505/picture010sn8.jpg
Jamie
Grease Monkey

Post by Jamie »

My missus and I were looking at getting one of these as a family/performance/track day car. The paddle shift gearbox put me off a little but then I thought that it was a small price to pay for such a versitle car. Decided to keep the FTO in the end and wait till we can pick one up second hand in a couple years. The sales guy gave some interesting info on them too *if you can believe them*. Apparantly the ralliart uses the same engine as the current evo but has different internals and different turbo(this makes some sense when you look at the torque figures) and uses the same drive train and suspension as the previous evo model. I figure with a bigger front mount, new exhaust and a piggyback this would make one fast family car at a fraction of the cost of a new evo. Of course this just my 2 cents worth though. Im sure there would be plenty of people that look at it as an imposter and never as a real evo though.
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

Try an evo 7 or 8...you can get them around that 30k price range....very fun to drive. Also quite practical with 4 doors and reasonably sized boot. Insurance wont be cheap though.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

I reckon the lancer looks horrible. Its too narrow and high.

I will get one of these. Its a hatch but damn they are good looking.

Last edited by payaya on Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arctan
Grease Monkey

Post by arctan »

damn that focus is hot

I'd got for a evo 7 or 8 as well
or a R33 GTR

edit: ooh a twin turbo VR4 ain't too bad either
get it cheap and spend the money doing it up
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

The pic of the focus exagerates the look....but it does look very good.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

yeah those focus look hot but some of the colours are crap like the orange ones
have driven a few the acceleration is rather impressive for FWD but i cant comment on the twistys and have not had the chance to go round the hills :evil:
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

+1 to galant Vr4
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

the one thing i hate about the new focus (and most fords actually) is they love their 'blue oval' so much they run the theme through the whole car... the vents are oval... the clocks oval... etc etc

also, my mum just bought one so its kinda put me off... and i hate the plastic door handles on the new models... hello... body colour anyone??? unless you splash out on a XR5...

nice looking car though.

2 years ago i was looking at buying a daily flogger and it took me ages to decide... was looking for a NEW car, sub 25 grand,had to look decent in the styling department, have atleast a 2L engine (after havin a FTO why go backwards?) looked at everything from the toyota's mitsi, subbie, vw, honda, fords... everything.

i settled on a new Suzuki SX4, 107kw 2l engine, lowered, 18 inch rims, punchy little hatchback that will keep an FTO honest.

now im sold on it, handling is amazing, engines got heaps of grunt, gearbox just keeps giving... even in 5th, f-all torque steer since it was lowered, interior is modern, not all just monotone plastic and the best thing is its not badged 2l... so all these muppets pull up beside me thinking its a swift or something and get all wide eyed when i leave them in my dust. it tops out at about 170, and the brakes are AMAZING... stops on a dime, same brakes as the fto but with ABS,EBD and ABA... no TCL... even the guy on my advanced driving course was getting annoyed, cause he was trying to make an example of my and make me unable to stop in time before hitting the cones and it stopped everytime :D

has a massive boot space, seats fold flat, can fit 2m in length of cargo with the front seat down, super easy to park and theres still not too many of them around (atleast one like mine)

love hatch's now, didnt like mums focus... heaps of road noise compared to my sx4
uberbass242
Apprentice

Post by uberbass242 »

payaya wrote:I reckon the lancer looks horrible. Its too narrow and high.

I will get one of these. Its a hatch but damn they are good looking.

the LOLCAR!!!

do NOT buy a focus.. they're absolute lemons.. ask lawsochap about his slowcus.. which is now an integra.. lol he traded it in with a penis on the back of his seat.. lol
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

Check out the August2009 Motor Magazine as The ralliart is one of the BFYB contender. you'll be in for a shock!
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

[quote="zuihoujueding"]Check out the August2009 Motor Magazine as The ralliart is one of the BFYB contender. you'll be in for a shock![/quot

A contender means sh*t! It came third last btw.
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

Thats shocking isnt it. 8O
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

No shock really the Ralliart has always been oretty average car.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

For the price, they're a great little car.

Considering they're a few grand cheaper than a Mazda 3MPS, albeit a bit less power, but you get awd and a SS-TCG transmission (I know its auto, but it changes gears like crazy and will outperform a manual).

The engine is the same as the evo, but with a smaller turbo, less boost, etc.

Yeh, u dont get brembo's or bilstein suspension, but they're a lot more comfortable to drive.

I work for mistubishi and deal with these cars all day... My boss even owns a ralliart.

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.