Cruise and poker night

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Jamie
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Cruise and poker night

Post by Jamie »

Hey guys I was talking to Simon earlier as I thought it was about time to organise a cruise for the QLD section. I was thinking along the lines of a cruise and a BBQ and some drinks and a poker night at my place to finish it off. I was thinking the 20th of June. Let me know what you guys think.

This might give Alekazam a good opportunity to take some of those awesome photographs we have been seeing ;)
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

Sounds pretty sweet to me, except I won't be in an fto of course :? What time were you guys thinking? Lunch, evening?
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Damn it. I'll have all the repairs done to my FTO by then, so I would be 100% keen for this.

Great, except I'm working.

Jesus hates me.
Jamie
Grease Monkey

Post by Jamie »

yano wrote:Sounds pretty sweet to me, except I won't be in an fto of course :? What time were you guys thinking? Lunch, evening?
Prob early afternoon for the cruise, have the bbq around 4 so its not too dark to cook then head back to my place for some drinks and poker.

Im open to suggestions if anybody is not happy with this.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Jamie wrote:
yano wrote:Sounds pretty sweet to me, except I won't be in an fto of course :? What time were you guys thinking? Lunch, evening?
Prob early afternoon for the cruise, have the bbq around 4 so its not too dark to cook then head back to my place for some drinks and poker.

Im open to suggestions if anybody is not happy with this.
Sounds like a plan .. I'll be there..

Post up some more details about meeting points & let us know where we're cruising to on the day (no pre-coordinated hassle from the law that way)

Let me know if you need any poker sets with chips etc ;)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Well jamoe im in, may not be able to make it too the cruise due to work but definitly keen for poker.

Yeah i have a couple of sets of chips cards etc and also have a table
Jamie
Grease Monkey

Post by Jamie »

I8A4RE wrote:Well jamoe im in, may not be able to make it too the cruise due to work but definitly keen for poker.

I have 2 poker sets but if somebody wants to bring along an extra set just in case that would be cool. I have 2 dining tables that I was going to use but if we have a good turnout I will grab the table off you if you dont mind.

As for the cruise what are people inerested in. I was thinking if we met up at the Alderly Arms then we could head the back way up to my place. Up Samford road then through Mt Neebo and Mt Mee. Then its just a short cruise from Caboolture to Redcliffe for the BBQ and poker. What do we think?
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Jamie wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:Well jamoe im in, may not be able to make it too the cruise due to work but definitly keen for poker.

I have 2 poker sets but if somebody wants to bring along an extra set just in case that would be cool. I have 2 dining tables that I was going to use but if we have a good turnout I will grab the table off you if you dont mind.

As for the cruise what are people inerested in. I was thinking if we met up at the Alderly Arms then we could head the back way up to my place. Up Samford road then through Mt Neebo and Mt Mee. Then its just a short cruise from Caboolture to Redcliffe for the BBQ and poker. What do we think?
Sounds like a plan mate.. can't think of a better way to get to your place ;)
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

ok, my shithouse work has me working to 6.30 on the 20th. I can go to wherever everyones at after that though and would definitly be keen on food...
Jamie
Grease Monkey

Post by Jamie »

@Yano thats too bad. At least you can make the bbq and the poker.

Thought it might be a good idea to make a list of people that are coming and what they are attending. Just copy and add your name. I'll start off.

1. Jamie & Andrea. Cruise/BBQ and poker.
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Jamie wrote: Thought it might be a good idea to make a list of people that are coming and what they are attending. Just copy and add your name. I'll start off.
1. Jamie & Andrea. Cruise/BBQ and poker.
2. Michael, maybe +1. Cruise/BBQ & Poker
3. John. bbq and poker
4. Simon + 1, bbq/poker
Last edited by mr-charisma on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

Yeah I woulda loved to take the new car on some nice twisties....ah well...

1. Jamie & Andrea. Cruise/BBQ and poker
2. John. bbq and poker
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yano wrote:Yeah I woulda loved to take the new car on some nice twisties....ah well...

1. Jamie & Andrea. Cruise/BBQ and poker
2. John. bbq and poker
3. Simon + 1, bbq/poker
Sophia
Mechanic

Post by Sophia »

Hey Hey,

Id definatly be keen for this just wondering where abouts you live/want to meet :?
Jamie
Grease Monkey

Post by Jamie »

mia wrote:Hey Hey,

Id definatly be keen for this just wondering where abouts you live/want to meet :?
Hey Mia. I live in Redcliffe and all members are welcome to come. You can meet at my house and follow me to the Alderly Arms for the start of the cruise if you are not confident on finding the meeting place.
Sophia
Mechanic

Post by Sophia »

Bugger, just a little bit too far to travel this weekend. Wish I had been on sooner to find out. Have fun though :D
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Okay, so we should confirm the meeting point details? Times / Dates / Locations / Maps etc..

Cheers
Jamie
Grease Monkey

Post by Jamie »

Okay guys im trying to decide whether to have the BBQ down at the Redcliffe waterfront or at my joint. Im easy either way. Probably mostly depends on what time those of you that are not going on the cruise will be at my joint. This would be Simon and John going by the list. If you could get back to me with arrival times we could decide if its too late to BBQ down the waterfront. Cheers ;)

When thats decided I will work out meeting times for the Alderly Arms so we will all meet up at my place around the same time.
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

I work at buranda and finish work out 6.30 so I'm thinking like 7.30ish I'll be up your way? Maybe less if it's a good run. Dunno what time simon was thinking of coming up, but maybe I can meet up with him and do the drive together?
Jamie
Grease Monkey

Post by Jamie »

yano wrote:I work at buranda and finish work out 6.30 so I'm thinking like 7.30ish I'll be up your way? Maybe less if it's a good run. Dunno what time simon was thinking of coming up, but maybe I can meet up with him and do the drive together?
^ Cheers ;)

Okay guys the plan is to meet at the Alderly Arms carpark by 2.30pm. If any body doesn't know where this is or how to get there let me know and I will put up directions.

We will then go along Samford rd and go up through the mountains all the way to the D'Agullar Hwy. We will stop a couple of times at various lookous for some photos and give a chance for those slower drivers a chance to catch up!

Then we head down to the Caboolture and a short drive to my place.

For those people that will be having a few drinks like myelf I have plenty of room in the beer fridge so feel free to bring some drinks. Also a bottlo near my joint too if we need to stop there on the way.

On that note I dont support drink driving so those people that dont have a designated driver can stay the night at my place if you like. I have a double air mattress and a single foam mattress free as well as a couch if need be.

I think thats all...any questions or anything I missed?