info needed please

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTOGPXJAZZA
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

info needed please

Post by FTOGPXJAZZA »

hi im doing a custom install for sound system im putting in 6 12" pioneer 800w subbs and maby one 15" turantula 2000w max comp sub id like to know what bould be the best amp/amps to run these ie how many and what amps plase help all info will helpp cheers
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Wow.

Ok, well, I figure you're doing this more for show and possibly SPL rather than sound quality?

As I've recommended in another thread, if you're after cheap power, I feel Option Audio is the brand to go with. They have amplifiers that retail for fractions of the price of other big brand names, while still producing respectable sound quality and retaining reliability.

You've mentioned you have some '800W' Pioneer 12" subs. Do you have any more details? Are they single or dual voice coil and do you know the RMS ratings for them?
FTOGPXJAZZA
Apprentice

Post by FTOGPXJAZZA »

its mainly for show just thinking how hard it would be to fut it all in subs capacitorr amps and that. the subs are pioneer TSW302R thats all i know at the moment but i might bee thinking about just running 9 10" subs not shure what brand and 3 amps 3 subs to each amp, just working out dimensions and all the stuff for the boot but wwhat ever i do is only for show but i still want a massage as i drive lol
96_FTO
Apprentice

Post by 96_FTO »

3 amps three subs to each amp?? waa? Not too sure what you mean...

I've got a made who had 6 10s in a 300zx. That was off the one amp though. If you get the loading correct you can run a LOT of subs off the one amp. His was off a 2500wrms Viper and they cranked. If it's for show one amp in a wicked install does look great
FTEvolution
Oldtimer

Post by FTEvolution »

There isn't a hell of a lot of room in an FTO, but it's do-able of course... anything is.

As for Amps, I am a big fan of Fusion (others say Yuck! but I like it).

I would get rid of the back seat and turn the entire boot/back seat area into an enclosure. BIG BOOM!!!
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z285/ftevolution/ftevolution-1.jpg[/img]

Smooth and sleepy

All of lifes problems can be cured with a 6A13TT
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Excuse me for asking, but WTF is the point of all this?
Resident Asshole.
FTOGPXJAZZA
Apprentice

Post by FTOGPXJAZZA »

the whole point if this is i want to know what amp i need rather than get conned by a store bloke and spend the money on an amp thats not needed, happy?
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Haha yes i'm soryr mate, didn't mean to be rude. i agree you should always do your homework before going to the store. 90% of the dudes working there don't give a f*ck and have no experience in audio anyway. and that goes for most retail - computers, appliances, clothing, car stuff - you name it.

what i more meant was, wtf is the point of putting 150kg of audio gear in your car, in the form of 6 subs or whatever you're putting in. isn't 1 enough?
Resident Asshole.
FTOGPXJAZZA
Apprentice

Post by FTOGPXJAZZA »

almost every one out there has at least 1 or 2 subs i just want to do some thing different. just like my car id like to drive down the road and and find it rare to see another,