Driving Nub

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

midi
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Driving Nub

Post by midi »

Apparently I'm meant to post here first based upon the lecture dstocks gave me :D

I work with dstocks. We've had some impressive yelling matches in the past, but it's just how we work. I think deep down we just love a good verbal argument. No keyboards or whiteboards have yet to be broken.

I've been a bike rider for the past 8 years. Learnt to ride in Sydney where I realised a car was not the ideal form of transportation. Started with a CBR250RR and then a CBR600F4i.

Only recently got my drivers license since I have child #2 less than a month away and I couldn't come up with excuses to keep the bike 8)

I think the forums regulars have heard part of the story. dstocks bought a t-boned FTO off of ebay (which everyone wanted to buy the wheels) and I asked if it was repairable. It was so I offered to buy it. He then proceeded to buy another wreck 8O with a lot of front end damage which he then transported to my wreck so we could pilfer parts for mine. This is what the second wreck looked like by the time we were finished with it:

After a lot of waiting, I finally got the FTO this weekend gone and the repairers did an amazing job on the outside. Inside needs a lot of work however >.<

1995 GPX with sun roof, rear wiper and some very nice wheels. Been very nice so far, but it still needs some work both externally and internally. In the end that's just some effort and time.
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Very noice. Came up better than I expected. Bout time i must say though. Should have been on the road a month ago :P

Work car park looks good with 2 FTO's in it!
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Cassf88
    Mechanic

Post by Cassf88 »

thats devotion...! wttc. u didnt end up keeping the wheels from the original T-wrecked fto, i think ppl might be heart broken...

good luck with the finishing touches!
    midi
    Apprentice

Post by midi »

I must of written it wrong. It still has the original wheels from the t-bone which are starcorp fusion 18's. The ones on the wreck displayed (the donor car) apparently now belong to Kaz :)

P.S. I have dstocks trying to dictate my post in the background while eating.
    I8A4RE
    QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

lol, welcome to the club mate, im sure you will fit right in here. The car is looking very nice
    midi
    Apprentice

Post by midi »

It will slowly get better... I have direct access to the Dstocks FTO Emporium... Also known as our office.
    col2560
    Mechanic

Post by col2560 »

i think you 2 should get a room, :D jk wttc
    my motto; do nothing, then rest.
    oodLes
    Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

WTTC mate, that looks so nice for a t-boned wreck.
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

And the side you see is the side that got T-boned as well. They did a good job. Lines up perfectly
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      J
      Oldtimer

Post by J »

midi wrote:I must of written it wrong. It still has the original wheels from the t-bone which are starcorp fusion 18's. The ones on the wreck displayed (the donor car) apparently now belong to Kaz :)

Yeah about that...... Ben/kaz one of those rims is still in my garage from the bonfire LOL.... When do you want it? :D
      rock_it
      Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

J wrote:
      midi wrote:I must of written it wrong. It still has the original wheels from the t-bone which are starcorp fusion 18's. The ones on the wreck displayed (the donor car) apparently now belong to Kaz :)

Yeah about that...... Ben/kaz one of those rims is still in my garage from the bonfire LOL.... When do you want it? :D
      I got one too .. It got me home as I was down to the steel on my tyre, and a thread of it came off and was slapping the inner wheel arch ... :lol:
      I just had to add it ......
      sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
      I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
      Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
      :utbnb:
      Bennoz
      National President

Post by Bennoz »

Lol, can you guys pm me your mobile numbers?

J, you are local near me a I think?? near Acacia Gardens?

Craig, what time you home tomorrow night? Im working at Mascot at the moment & might be a good opportunity to grab it.