DVD Player Stereo Install

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Rj-Fto
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

DVD Player Stereo Install

Post by Rj-Fto »

Hey Guys,

Just need some advice with stereo installation...I have this DVD player single din, which has the following wires

Red with a fuse
Brown (parking brake)
Orange 12 V DC Reverse Light
Yellow with a fuse
Black (Earth)
Two Greens
Two Violets
Two Greys
Two Whites
Blue

I know the Greens,Violets,Greys and Whites are for the rear and front speakers...Black is for earth(but not sure where to connect that)..Also not sure about the Red, Brown,Orange,Blue and Yellow...I have removed the old stereo and have the stock wiring loom and power cord exposed..If anyone could assist with the wiring,as in what goes where..it would be much appreciated...I am trying this install on my own to learn,but would not wanna burn down something while doing so...

PS: The manual for the DVD player sucks big time..crap info on wiring..

The stock wiring schema...

DVD Player wiring loom:

Thank you..[/img]
Pomwa
Grease Monkey

Post by Pomwa »

Memory / Constant 12V(+) Yellow
Switch / Accessory Red
Ground Black
Antenna Remote Blue

Orange for reversing camera, hooks up to the reversing light and automatically switches to the camera mode when the light comes on.

The brown one will conect to your parking brake so you cant watch dvds while driving, however to bypass this twist it together with your ground wire and screw/bolt it somewhere on the frame/sub frame of the car. Hope that helps.

I just bought a new one from fleebay and it has a pretty good description of what wire does what, and looking at your photo the wiring is just about the same. Have a look at:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0152549037
If you can't be good, be good at it!!
Rj-Fto
Apprentice

Post by Rj-Fto »

Thanks Pomwa...

I have hooked up the wiring and it works 8O :D

With the orange reverse wiring, not sure where it hooks up on the stock wiring loom..the wiring diagram does not have a colour code for reverse light...
Pomwa
Grease Monkey

Post by Pomwa »

Glad i could help, with the reverse wire just fold it back on itself and tape it up.... you wont be using it anyway so just tuck it up out of the way
If you can't be good, be good at it!!