Oil filter relocation kit?

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mightyant79
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Oil filter relocation kit?

Post by mightyant79 »

Hey folks, I tried searching but couldn't find any info on these here. Has anyone done this mod before? I'm frustrated with smashing my fingers on the 6A12 while trying to get this out as the original spot requires the hands of a small child to get to. Are they worthwhile? Any hints or tips?
If this is in the wrong section I apologise.
Cheers,
Ant
gpat
Apprentice

Post by gpat »

I actually have a kit but its not fitted...thinkin bout selling it actually
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Re: Oil filter relocation kit?

Post by vipfto »

mightyant79 wrote:Hey folks, I tried searching but couldn't find any info on these here. Has anyone done this mod before? I'm frustrated with smashing my fingers on the 6A12 while trying to get this out as the original spot requires the hands of a small child to get to. Are they worthwhile? Any hints or tips?
If this is in the wrong section I apologise.
Cheers,
Ant
wouldnt bother mate... yeah they are a pain but as long as not over tight its usually rather easy to remove, have you tried removing the drip pan under the filter?
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Solution? Get one of these. Takes me 10 seconds to turn it enough to get rid of the tightness then I undo with my hand.

Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

FTO filter is in an easy spot! Try getting one off the back of the block on a Honda..

*Wipes oil out of eye*

If its stiff, bash a flathead screw driver through it, never fails.
mightyant79

Post by mightyant79 »

payaya where would i get one of those removers from? that looks so much sturdier than the one I've got!
vipfto, yeah the drip pan is probably what I keep smashing my knuckles on while replacing the filters
Cheers for the tips guys, now to get the free time to do it hahaha I can't wait to get it back on the road (long story, but the oil filter will now be the last of it)
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Think I got mine from Kmart, but you can get them anywhere.