cat converter/exhaust

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

chuster
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

cat converter/exhaust

Post by chuster »

Im planning on doing the rest of my exhaust next and ive heard "metal cat" cat converters are very good. Does anyone know where i could get one if theyre still sold anywhere? If not any other brands you guys recommend or it doesnt matter as long as its a metal one?

And another question, ive had a look around and havent been able to find much feedback on the rpw extractors. Are they quality stuff(ie. is the inside smooth etc)? coz if the price is right i might consider sourcing headers from japan.
Fulltiltorgasm
Grease Monkey

Post by Fulltiltorgasm »

Hey mate, bout the extractors/headers ive been comtemplating gettin them as well now that i have a full performance exhaust system, im hoping that with the new exhaust if i get the extractors they would combine nicely for some decent gains, around 20-30 kws give or take, a few members have the rpw extractors and seem moderately happy with them, i would think gettin headers/extractors overseas would be costly and im not sure if anyone does aftermarket headers apart from rpw ??
chuster
Apprentice

Post by chuster »

yea i asked around and apparently cant find any other brands for fto headers. And shipping would cost an arm and a leg my friend bought a works9 cat back from yahoo auctions and the shipping cost more than the exhaust but thats coz it had to be sent via EMS.
chuster
Apprentice

Post by chuster »

one thing ive been wondering, would cutting out resonators actually give any performance gains? coz ive got 2 in there :?