Billet throttle body upgrade

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

tintin
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Billet throttle body upgrade

Post by tintin »

has any one got one from rpw either the 70 or 75mm one? have you felt a difrents as im looking at getting one but just want to no what people think?
coilovers!! gaurenteed to make boobs bounce :)
Benedict_XIII
Grease Monkey

Post by Benedict_XIII »

i was going to get a 70mm to 75mm trotle body pluss the manifold to match i was going to cost me $800 to $900 Aud from rpw had a talk to my local mechanic and he said he could do it a whole lot cheaper and installe it as well so f**k rpw sometimes its better to just talk to a real mechanic than some one with a good website and you save on postage
Valandis91
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Valandis91 »

wouldnt that be overkill for an fto?

im not even getting the billet one and im doing crazy sh*t to my engine... all i ggot was the ported tb and intake manifold from rpw cos i read somewhere bennoz wrote that anything over 65mm (the ported size) would be to much
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Valandis91 wrote:wouldnt that be overkill for an fto?

im not even getting the billet one and im doing crazy sh*t to my engine... all i ggot was the ported tb and intake manifold from rpw cos i read somewhere bennoz wrote that anything over 65mm (the ported size) would be to much
yeah its a overkill ive had mine done to 63mm cant tell you results yet but 70-5 is definatly overkill unless your going to look at doin turbo etc
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Valandis91
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Valandis91 »

Benedict_XIII wrote:i was going to get a 70mm to 75mm trotle body pluss the manifold to match i was going to cost me $800 to $900 Aud from rpw had a talk to my local mechanic and he said he could do it a whole lot cheaper and installe it as well so f**k rpw sometimes its better to just talk to a real mechanic than some one with a good website and you save on postage
RPW make quality stuff the top half of my engine is all RPW and the porting and stuff they have done is very good. putting it together end of this week hopefully!
tintin
Grease Monkey

Post by tintin »

cool cheers for the info :)
coilovers!! gaurenteed to make boobs bounce :)