Hand-Built Lamborghini in Basement

From Ferrari's to Fiats, it happens in here.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Shahrez
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Hand-Built Lamborghini in Basement

Post by Shahrez »

To feed my never ending desire and lust for lamborghini's, i constantly find myself scrouging through the net looking for anything lamborghini related. Saw a lot of kit cars and got me thinking that in the future i will definately give it a go making a lamborghini kit car. that on it's own is a mission. this however, is a dream.

Seventeen years ago, Ken Imhoff watched Cannonball Run and became so enamored with the Lamborghini Countach in the film, he hand-built his own, in his basement. Ken designed and fabricated his own tig-welded frame, installed a thoroughly massaged 351 cubic inch V8 with a ZF-25 5-speed transmission, hand-formed the aluminum body over a meticulously measured and accurate body form, and finished it all off in a beautiful metallic gray. It took Ken 10 years to complete the project. 100% body correct.

Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I saw this a couple of months ago, quite possibly the coolest thing thats ever been cool 8)
col2560
Mechanic

Post by col2560 »

wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper to just buy one???
my motto; do nothing, then rest.
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

interior is a bit lacking though, looks like he just went to repco and bought a few gauges and a steering wheel. exterior is awesome though :twisted:
tintin
Grease Monkey

Post by tintin »

thats cool 8) getting it out of the base ment looks mad 8O
coilovers!! gaurenteed to make boobs bounce :)
Shahrez
Mechanic

Post by Shahrez »

col2560 wrote:wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper to just buy one???
u gotta understand its not about whats easier or cheaper. its about what you can create yourself. and then be able to admire it.
col2560
Mechanic

Post by col2560 »

yeah, i realise that, being a cabinetmaker myself, but usually the reason you would build something yourself is because nothing on the market satisfies what you want. or maybe you can build something better or cheaper than whats available. all power to him for his dedication and skill though.
my motto; do nothing, then rest.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

If you read the article, he's squeezed almost twice the power of a standard Coutach outta that motor. Thats where the awesomeness is 8)