Help

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

DUK35Y
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Help

Post by DUK35Y »

Hi everyone i picked up my car last night and all is good except the stereo I CANT MAKE IT WORK from the looks of what i can see of the setup (and i know very little about car audio) It's got
-2 amps in the boot
-1 sub facing the back seat
-2 6x9's in the tray above the seats
-1 cross over under each seat (not sure but has a control for tweater volume)
-2 moulded speakers into dash (aftermarket)
-1 ADDZEST minidisk player
-1 ADDZEST cd/radio

Pretty much all the stuff is branded with ADDZEST
The problem is I cant seem to get the mini disk or the cd/radio to work the face plates look like they slide down to reveal where to put the cd's and mini disks but i cant work it out if anyone has any idea of what i should do that would be great.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well first of all ADDZEST is Japanese brand for Pioneer, is like Lexus & Toyota.

Your radio might not work, cause it might missing a convertor. Since you don't know much about car audio, i would advise you to take it to a professional instead DIY, cause you might end up causing more problem then fixing it.

Most Oz car audio people would tell you to change you head unit, so you have to seach around for a good car audio place which willing to fix your problem. You can get them to do a test on all the equipment, & would cost around $40 per item, but at least in this way you know they would be 100% working.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
DUK35Y
Apprentice

Post by DUK35Y »

FTO338 wrote:Well first of all ADDZEST is Japanese brand for Pioneer, is like Lexus & Toyota.

Your radio might not work, cause it might missing a convertor. Since you don't know much about car audio, i would advise you to take it to a professional instead DIY, cause you might end up causing more problem then fixing it.

Most Oz car audio people would tell you to change you head unit, so you have to seach around for a good car audio place which willing to fix your problem. You can get them to do a test on all the equipment, & would cost around $40 per item, but at least in this way you know they would be 100% working.
Thanks heaps FTO338 I assumed it was something like this but wasnt sure exactly what brand it was when I go to ADDZEST web site it links me to Clarion sites as well is this different again?
I think I might ring the dealer that i got it from and ask them if they had it working they seemed to know a little about it but i didnt pay much attention i was more worried about what type of condition the car itself was in. The thing i realise now is how much it sux to drive around with out any tunes what so ever!!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i thought the Pioneer equivalent is Carrozeria, not Addzest?? 8O
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah sorry guys heheehehehe Addzest is Clarion. Dammit i even got the catalogue at home 8O
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
DUK35Y
Apprentice

Post by DUK35Y »

FTO338 wrote:Yeah sorry guys heheehehehe Addzest is Clarion. Dammit i even got the catalogue at home 8O
Any chance of a scann of that??
I cant even get the face plate to slide down it's bugging the hell out of me i must have pushed every button 50 times and ive tryed every combo of buttons it has to be something simple that im not seeing but i just cant figure it out.
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

I was going to say, how many other names has pioneer got.lol
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

sounds to me like there is no power going to the unit.

take it to an auto electrician it could be as simple as a fuse
DUK35Y
Apprentice

Post by DUK35Y »

smorison wrote:sounds to me like there is no power going to the unit.
take it to an auto electrician it could be as simple as a fuse
Yeah I gave that a thought as well but the place i got it from said they had it working not long ago. I have one thing to try when i get home that the guys told me involves hitting a series of buttons at once barinig this i might take it back and get them to show me on the week end.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

if it doesn't work it will be covered under the compulsary warranty they have to give you
DUK35Y
Apprentice

Post by DUK35Y »

Just thought i'd let you all know i got the system working i sat down with it on saturday and and spent the day working through the lists of things it could be started with fuses and i was lucky cause thats what it was 2 hours of pulling fuses out and putting them back in latter i had the system working but lost indicators half an hour later the whole lot was work. It took a bit of time but Im glad i did it myself now i know what a fair amount of the fuses do.
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

You know mate, after reading your question, and having the same experience on the weekend, i could of told you this...

Anyway, in my case the car got jump started, so it blew one or two fuses out for some reason, this resulted in the stereo not working.

But I guess you beat me to it :P
DUK35Y
Apprentice

Post by DUK35Y »

Yeah i dont know if the guys at the car sales yard did something or not. The battery might have gone flat????? Who knows it was sitting there for 7 days un started so maybe they jumped it. All is good now i just have to work out how to use the thing its got so many different menus and screens i seem to find a new screen or menu every time i get in the car.